Snowshoe Siamese But What Else?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have posted on here before about Link. I know he is a Snowshoe Siamese. When I got him I was told his Mom was Siamese but his Dad was unknown. His sister had no white markings. I'm passingly familiar with Siamese since getting him. He is very typical in a lot of ways to behaviors and traits you would expect from a Siamese.

Some things though don't seem to mesh with Siamese so I am curious if there are any guesses to what else might be in him. And if I am over analyzing please let me know. But the forum has some really knowledgable members right now so I wanted to get some opinions. @1CatOverTheLine I know we have talked in the past about his rapid darkening possibly showing Burmese in there. Could that explain some other aspect?

He has a very boxy side profile. He has that priomoridal pouch which visibly swings when he runs but otherwise is incredibly lean and muscled. He is still growing taller at 3 years old. Which is a big suprise to me but when he stood next to my Moms cat (who is a fairly average sized DSH) he was noticably taller then a few months ago. Either Fury shrunk or Link grew, since Fury is 4 my guess is Link grew a little more. He is 13 pounds of very tall cat (he has to duck to go under chairs that my Moms cat has no problem with and he can stand on his hind legs to reach things on the edge of the kitchen counter).

Part of it is optical illusion because he has the black chin spot but he has a very square side profile... I think. That probably is the one thing that throws me the most, his side profile, from just saying he is just a Snowshoe.

20170418_173949.jpg
20170418_174836.jpg
20170422_105249.jpg
20170418_174448.jpg
20170312_202112.jpg

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
To be honest with you I' myself am just getting familiar with the different cat breeds so I don't know if I'll be able to assist you. As I look at the pics I do see some traits of Siamese cat but other than that I don't know. I can say this the pic of him sitting on the stone wall really shows off how proud he is. I also take it he is a very spoiled cat.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I agree that some Burmese influence could cause the extra darkening.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can say this the pic of him sitting on the stone wall really shows off how proud he is. I also take it he is a very spoiled cat.
He would probably be considered spoiled. I replace his carrot and caterpillar toys about every three months and he gets higher end foods. I don't think I would call him proud. He is self assured and very confident. He loves people watching him and paying attention to him but not touching him. He can sure be a brat at times... definite Snowshoe on that point.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree that some Burmese influence could cause the extra darkening.
Thank you. I was kinda thinking that direction after talking with 1cat but wanted to put it out there for other opinions.