Snowshoe Or Rag Doll?

Ferrarisue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
7C223BF9-08B4-4F10-A702-1F997CDFDF36.jpeg
9263D6CF-973F-42AA-8B06-C61ED9DE1C91.jpeg
I have believed for over a year now that the cat my daughter brought home was a snowshoe. After a little research, my belief that he’s a rag doll is becoming a little clearer! Thoughts??

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
What a handsome boy! Technically, without papers, he would be a blue point bicolor Domestic Shorthair. That being said, he is a nice lookalike to a Snowshoe. Ragdolls can come in bicolor pointed as well, but they are longhaired cats.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Snowshoe is a short hair breed, Ragdoll is a longhair breed.

This cat is a lovely bicolor blue point domestic shorthair. A decent lookalike for a snowshoe in that sense but without papers he is just a lookalike.

There are actually very few cats that are purebred cat. Most breeds we're developed from naturally occurring color and pattern combinations which means you get cats who look just like a specific breed with no relation all the time. My girl is a decent snowshoe lookalike too but from a feral colony that has absolutely no snowshoe anywhere on her blood line. Happens all the time in the cat world.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ferrarisue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a handsome boy! Technically, without papers, he would be a blue point bicolor Domestic Shorthair. That being said, he is a nice lookalike to a Snowshoe. Ragdolls can come in bicolor pointed as well, but they are longhaired cats.
Thank you! I appreciate your response!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ferrarisue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Snowshoe is a short hair breed, Ragdoll is a longhair breed.

This cat is a lovely bicolor blue point domestic shorthair. A decent lookalike for a snowshoe in that sense but without papers he is just a lookalike.

There are actually very few cats that are purebred cat. Most breeds we're developed from naturally occurring color and pattern combinations which means you get cats who look just like a specific breed with no relation all the time. My girl is a decent snowshoe lookalike too but from a feral colony that has absolutely no snowshoe anywhere on her blood line. Happens all the time in the cat world.
Thank you! Our boy was caught in a trap near a feral colony! We don’t believe he was there long because he was so healthy and truly was in great shape! He was not chipped, nor were there any inquiries looking for him! I just wanted to know what he would technically be called.