Snowie got a little nail polish on her fur

cats&kittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys my 9 year old niece was painting her nails and she didn't let them dry and she pick up Snowie who now has little bit black nail polished on her and I trim a little of tiny fur with nail polish off but other side of snowie there small nail polished on her and I don't want to trim anymore fur and wanting to know what to do for Snowie fur?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Firstly, do not use any polish removers on your little cat as these will almost certainly be very toxic for her.  You did the right thing in cutting the little bits of polish out that you saw first.

If the polish isn't bothering her I would not rush to do anything.  One thing you could try is simply get a wet cloth, with some pet shampoo on if you have any, and gently rub the affected fur between your fingers with the cloth as that might lift it off - polish often doesn't take well to skin and hair and will remove quite easily this way.

If she is bothered with it and it doesn't come off with the water I would take her along to your vet as they will be able to remove it safely.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats&kittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks and I already knew not to use nail polish remover

as of  now it not bother Snowie

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
That's good.  Hopefully rubbing the fur with a little water will get the polish off.  

I'm having visions of your niece running about with furry nail polish on her fingers too. LoL