Snow Minx/Lynx Bengal?

Nazreen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is my kitten a bengal? To me he looks like a Snow Minx or Snow Lynx. His mum looks like a brown bengal and apparently his dad looks like him. I have no idea about further ancestry/genetic lineage.

He is 3 months old. His markings are becoming slightly darker over time. His eyes are a beautiful bright blue. He’s playful like a puppy, and loving too. He loves being stroked on his head and upper back and cuddles up near me or my husband in the evening. We named him Tommy.

I’ve included photos.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nazreen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
His back
D63A1C0A-ABB2-4F36-97B4-249DA0649EB1.jpeg
1FD410DF-B01A-4744-98DB-559862CC6876.jpeg

Nazreen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
His siblings from the same litter
35BFD47C-9AAD-4A0B-8153-F7734F71171D.jpeg
CC4D869D-4B1E-402E-A4EE-BBDC58F2E60C.jpeg
6C4D1155-0796-408A-87B0-9803C6BEBC30.jpeg
06F3C9D4-CFAE-400C-9160-7840750AB307.jpeg

Nebaug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, I’m not sure about snow but he looks like bengal. Shortly, someone with more knowledge will respond to you. Forgive me for asking but how old is your kitty and how much does it weights ? It looks very skinny. Congrats on your new kitty, it’s beautiful

Nazreen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I’m not sure about snow but he looks like bengal. Shortly, someone with more knowledge will respond to you. Forgive me for asking but how old is your kitty and how much does it weights ? It looks very skinny. Congrats on your new kitty, it’s beautiful
Thank you for your reply. The photo where he is tiny was when he was 8-9 weeks old. The older photos are 12 weeks. He’s been to the vet recently and they weighed him and there were no concerns. He has another appointment next week so I’ll ask them to weigh him again to ensure he is ok.
Thank you!

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes a bengal or at least a mix (would need to see a pic of dad though to confirm, SLP is a colouring of bengals and they do take time to see the markings). Bad breeder though to let him go so young and I'm thinking with no vetting? Probably was skinny due to not deworming. The pic of the two cats is him and his mom? Mom looks tiny.

Nazreen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes a bengal or at least a mix (would need to see a pic of dad though to confirm, SLP is a colouring of bengals and they do take time to see the markings). Bad breeder though to let him go so young and I'm thinking with no vetting? Probably was skinny due to not deworming. The pic of the two cats is him and his mom? Mom looks tiny.
Thanks for your reply. I never saw the dad so I’m not sure if he looked like Tommy, but was told he does. The person (someone who lived locally) who I got him from said she’s moving and needed to re-home her cats and kittens but I have a feeling this wasn’t entirely true… I did question her about separating him from his mum too soon but she’d already separated all the kittens at 8 weeks. Definitely not a good situation, I agree. She was feeding the kittens half a pouch of cat food twice a day so was definitely under feeding them!!!
The photo of mum and Tommy is actually a sibling and Tommy - I labelled the photo incorrectly. Mum wasn’t very big though either.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His mum (the pic of 2 cats is Tommy with his mum) View attachment 428470
Yes he looks like a snow bengal, prolly a mix and not purebred. Mom looks like a bengal and so do the other kittens who have obvious rosettes etc. without papers and pedigree etc. they will not be labeled pure bred bengal.
He is a beauty and thank you for loving him etc. 😻 He looks super sweet too, so lucky you. 😀

Bengals have genetic health issues of hcm and another I can't remember now- some gastro issues. He should be screened for the heart issues at 6 months. Most likely he is a mix and the breeder did not screen the parents.
I think he is a snow lynx or mink as you said, see pics at this link. His color now looks more mink in some of the pics, more brown etc. But I am guessing seal lynx prolly because his background is very light. To get the snow Bengal pointed color and patterns as well as the blue eyes, Bengals were bred with Siamese cats.

Bengal Cat Colors - Royal Bengal Cattery - Bengal Cats and Kittens

Last edited:

Nazreen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes he looks like a snow bengal, prolly a mix and not purebred. Mom looks like a bengal and so do the other kittens who have obvious rosettes etc. without papers and pedigree etc. they will not be labeled pure bred bengal.
He is a beauty and thank you for loving him etc. 😻 He looks super sweet too, so lucky you. 😀

Bengals have genetic health issues of hcm and another I can't remember now- some gastro issues. He should be screened for the heart issues at 6 months. Most likely he is a mix and the breeder did not screen the parents.
I think he is a snow lynx or mink as you said, see pics at this link. His color now looks more mink in some of the pics, more brown etc. But I am guessing seal lynx prolly because his background is very light. To get the snow Bengal pointed color and patterns as well as the blue eyes, Bengals were bred with Siamese cats.

Bengal Cat Colors - Royal Bengal Cattery - Bengal Cats and Kittens
Thank you so much for your reply. He is such a fun kitten and craves attention. I have a 6m old baby too and he runs his face against her too and cuddles against her 🥰
I’m pretty sure his parents were not screened for the health issues. Thanks for pointing that out - I’ll discuss this and other potential issues (incl weight) with the vet at his next visit.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your reply. He is such a fun kitten and craves attention. I have a 6m old baby too and he runs his face against her too and cuddles against her 🥰
I’m pretty sure his parents were not screened for the health issues. Thanks for pointing that out - I’ll discuss this and other potential issues (incl weight) with the vet at his next visit.
Aw that is so sweet, I can tell he is a lovey dovey 😀

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's a seal lynx point for sure and will darken as he ages. Be prepared for a very high energy cat for life lol

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, he is more or less a bengal (if purebred we cant know, my guess is not; one of his siblings is of verry pet quality bengalwise, so to speak).

For all practical reasons you can call him as a snow bengal (mix). Bengal points do tend to get this whitish looks, as almost none other points gets.

As long as you dont insist he is purebred (you dont have the certifikates either); you can call him for snow bengal.

But talking payment of insurance money for vet costs, it will be probably cheaper insurance if you register him as a domestic (even if he apparently does have some heritage).