Snoop

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When we took him for his yearly exam in December, the vet showed me his teeth. No doubt, they are messy. I waited to get past some other things I had going on. Now, I can think of no reason to put it off. His appointment is on Monday 16th early. The vet will do a full blood workup to be sure there are no underlying problems. He is six years old. We have had him two. I have not had blood work done since we got him. So, just dreading it and wanting it to be over. I have only done this once before so, I am apprehensive. Need lots of hold my hand, etc. :grouphug:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I can fully appreciate your worry and concern. I feel the same way about this procedure but as other members have said keep in mind it's very routine. Here's hoping all goes well and Snoop sails through his dental cleaning. :crossfingers: Sending special thoughts for you too. :vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Snoop's appointment was at eight this morning. They did not call about the blood test, so all that was okay. I think they will call us when it is over and tell us when to come get him. I asked the vet's wife for a nerve pill :wink:

I am adding now that the vet's wife just called me. No problems with the teeth so far. The vet has found a growth about the size of a BB under Snoops tongue and a smaller one next to it. He wanted permission to take them off and be sure what this is. Oh my. I am trying to hold on here.

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
jcat jcat Thank you. She said they are superficial, just on the top surface of the tongue, but on the underside. So he won't have to cut deep or deform Snoop's tongue. He said it could be scar tissue from a wound or something. He would never have seen this in a routine exam and says now is the best time to find out for sure just what it really is.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When they called me they said it would take about a week to get back the report. Maybe they can tell me more when I go. I know there will be some special instructions about feeding, water, etc. since they not only cleaned teeth but removed the growths.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's great! i remember when our Dude got home from his dental surgery (two and a half teeth extracted, one tooth had just half of it left in his mouth), he was 'loopy' from the anesthesia. unsteady on his feet, and still a little 'out of it'. he settled in next to me, and we all (me, Dude, and DeeDee and Punky) had a quiet evening/night together. Dude was pretty much back to normal the next day, except for needing to take some pills (antibiotic, and for pain) for several days.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Snoop woke up this morning ready to go and hungry. He has spend the day outside in his fenced in yard. He is on the porch now and is pretty much his normal self. Now we just wait for the report back on whatever it was that the vet removed from under his tongue.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The growths removed from his mouth were eosinophilic granulomas. My vet said he should not need any treatment with steroids since both were removed. I am shouting happiness right now. :cloud9: