Snickers Hurt His Paw ???

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We are going to the Vet at Noon Sunday but I just wanted to see if you had an idea as to what it could be .
He extends his leg just fine , flexes his ankle, he will even flex his paw slightly but he will not put any weight on it. There are no visible signs of injury. I gently felt his paw to see if I could feel anything and he cried,poor baby. I'm thinking it's something to do with his paw. Could he have sprained it somehow?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Trying to get into the shower stall door in his bathroom home, trying to use the cat tree, anything in there that he could have pinched himself on something in the bathroom, digging at something? Look for possible source in that bathroom that might have caused an issue.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's very possible that he has sprained it. Did you notice if it was swollen in any way? Let us know what the vet has to say.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Trying to get into the shower stall door in his bathroom home, trying to use the cat tree, anything in there that he could have pinched himself on something in the bathroom, digging at something? Look for possible source in that bathroom that might have caused an issue.
We did have a furnace grate in there that had a hole in it . It could have been that. I took it out and put a new one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's very possible that he has sprained it. Did you notice if it was swollen in any way? Let us know what the vet has to say.
It doesn't look swollen but it is painful. Hopefully the Vet will be helpful.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great news! It's not uncommon for active kitties to get a sprain every now and then. I'm glad he's okay.