Snickerdoodle Cheesecake

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Because......Rick! Snickerdoodle. Cheesecake. The man would be on :cloud9:

https://iambaker.net/snickerdoodle-cheesecake/ (Disregard all the references to McCormick; I'm a true-blue Penzey girl.)

However, I'd use a spongecake crust and add my cinnamon to that. And since she didn't bother to answer the question posted about doubling the ingredients and using a springform pan, I'd like to know what you think?

I'm thinking about making this for one of our Christmas desserts. I may have to look for another recipe, though, because I'm just not sure about doubling. Using 4 blocks of cream cheese doesn't bother me; I've made cheesecakes before that called for that much.....and I don't eat cream cheese at all, so I wouldn't touch this cheesecake anyway. But 16 ounces of sour cream seems like a lot. I don't want to do a taste test ahead of time for this, simply because even Rick cannot eat two cheesecakes in one month! (although he'd probably try)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My go-to cheesecake recipe is 4 eggs, 32 oz of cream cheese and 1 cup of sour cream. It's also only one cup of sugar.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Jon would have that cake eaten in 2 days. Maybe I will make one for him for Christmas. He loves snickerdoodles. I only like sweets occasionally. Unless it's home made chocolate chip cookies lol :cloud9:

I need to do some cooking again. We have been living on sammiches and pick at food type things. Cheese n crackers type of junk food

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I have a cheesecake recipe...and I have tons...that calls for more than 1 cup for 4 bricks of cream cheese.Just my opinion but I think 2 cups is too much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys! I'm going to play around and see what I can come up with for a snickerdoodle cheesecake recipe!