Smart Cat Litter Quality Differences Between Batches

cuppa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi All!

I ordered a couple bags of Smart Cat Litter on chewy a couple months ago. I've finished the first bag and have recently started on the second bag. My issue is that the second bag's clumping ability is not nearly as good as the first bag's.

I scoop the litter box twice a day and top off with more litter as needed. With the first bag, the urine always clumped really tightly into an almost ball like shape. It almost never reached the bottom of the litter box, and when it did it was very easy to just smack the side of the box and have it pop off.

With this new bag, the litter doesn't clump as well. The urine spots are almost always reaching the bottom of the litter box now, and it is requiring a lot of scraping to get it disconnected from the box.

So my question is for long term users of Smart Cat litter: is this a common occurrence? Do you notice differences of clumping quality from bag to bag or is it usually consistent? It's pretty expensive litter, so I want a little assurance that I might have just received a not so lucky bag of litter.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, I don't use it but since you haven't gotten any replies yet, i was thinking you could talk to chewy, their customer service is usually pretty good as well as honest about the products they sell. Also check their reviews and also reviews on amazon if you haven't already.