Small wound on nose won't heal

Ellevvi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
My cat Moka has a small sore/scratch on her nose that doesn't seem to heal. It goes pink and slightly raised, then it makes a paper like thin crust (more like a patina) and then it comes back like it is now. It's the second time it comes back like this in around a month and I'm so worried. She is fully indoors, 2/3 years old, we've adopted her last year, we don't have other cats or animals that might have hurt her. She has a bit of a rhinitis that the vet says is from an old infection that might resurface once in a while so she never breaths very very well but it doesn't really affect her quality of life either. She doesn't have other symptoms than her usual breathing and very occasional sneeze.
I'm going to bring her to the vet next Tuesday but she's the light of my life and I just can't sleep thinking she might have a tumor/Carcinoma. I'm terrified and worried sick.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
All I can say is "try not to worry until there is actually something to worry about". What you are describing sounds like something people get (myself included) and my dermatologist tells me they are natural and nothing to worry about. But, seriously, they work exactly as you are describing... I can't say it is the same thing, and unfortunately cannot remember what he calls them, but am hoping that's what this is.

I know her Tuesday appointment can't come soon enough as we all worry about our furbabies when things aren't perfect, but hang in there. Sending good vibes :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. As long as she isn't particularly bothered by it, I think you are OK to wait to see what happens with the vet visit. It could be connected to the previously diagnosed rhinitis. If she has drainage from that, it could cause some skin irritation. Try to gently wipe the area with a soft, warm cloth a couple times a day. It does sound like the vet might think this is a viral infection of some sort - so, pursue getting them to give you more information about that.