Small very pregnant cat help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JackSmith90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We think kiwi is trying to ween them. She is leaving the nest more and the kittens were hungry when we fed them. This is the first time they all drank no problem. Before we fed they all peed the play pen, like a half of cup of it. This and yesterday where the first then there was pee in the playpen, non in the kitten litterbox, kiwi normally takes care of it. We have not seen poop since the first week. Only blackwhite can drink from a plate but not much. After formula they went nursing on Kiwi. Also no more weights, they wiggle too much and cannot accurately weight them anymore.
Also kittens have been trying to jump out of the play pen. They have not been successful. It is however difficult to keep them in the feeding cat bed. Blackwhite prances out of it like a horse. When feeding most of them were trying to nurse on my arm.
download_20200904_161042.jpg

Screenshot_20200906-231254_Gallery.jpg

20200906_193534.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They sound happy and healthy and ready to explore. They will need time out of the playpen for that. They will soon begin weaning, and you should begin putting them in the litter box before and after meals and other times throughout the day now, so they begin to learn the box.

JackSmith90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Big update: Kittens are doing very well. We noticed they were taking a while to be litter trained and to eat and drink but we did not want to take them out of the playpen. Then Antirunt (now called Smash Face) jumped out of the playpen. We did not want them to be separated from Kiwi so we took them all out of the playpen. Then like a switched was flipped they were able to eat, drink and use the litterbox. no more accidents expect a few in the cat bed. They are still locked in the bathroom but we noticed if Kiwi can get out Smash Face can get close to getting out, so we need to keep an eye on him. When we looked in the playpen the white belly kittens stood on their hind legs wanting us to pick them up. We dont think the kittens could like humans more then these, when we walk in the bathroom they all wake up and walk to us so we can pet/feed them.

We think Smash Face might be part persians, I am glad we saved kiwi, a persians will not last long in the camp grounds, a coyote marked our tent last time we camp there. The kitten personalities came in, the white paw kitten (White Claudia) is extremely friendly, slept in hour arms and laps when we hold her, we are trying to convince mom to keep her. Smash Face has a thousand yard stare and we think he might be different, like our cat Ramsey, we are trying to keep him in the family. BlackWhite (Button) loves to explore the house, is not afraid of anything except for fans, she is also the first to eat, drink and use the litterbox, my cousin called dibs on her when she was 2 days old. Darker Grey (Bog) is a bit of a loaner, is the fastest one and likes to explore. Kiwi looking kitten (Mini Kiwi) is lazy,rarely cries and loves licking things. The runt (Bishop) seems to not have much of a personality yet, we noticed he gets full quickly and that might be why he eats less, he is still doing well. Non of the kittens are demons or jerks, all are nice and cute.

We noticed the 10 week mark is October 10th and we do not want to give kittens to strangers so close to Halloween. We might give them away at the end of September, or at the beginning of Nov. The kittens we are going to give to strangers and friends are the ones that look like Kiwi so we dont think they will be hard to give away. We also noticed the kittens seem to be self weaning, they not not eating Kiwi anymore and seem to be fine of kibble. We still give them milk via bottle at night, we normally go through a bottle and a half we got some milk for kittens age 4-8 and now they are 5ish.

Now for Kiwi update: She is the first mother cat we are going to keep, we had to deal with 3 other pregant cats and we found homes or fixed and released if too stray. She is pretty friendly for a stray. Has not hissed, clawed or be mean to anyone, she is no longer afraid when she walks around the house. We where afraid she might not like the other grey cat, he has a history of being mean to girl cats, but they seem to get along pretty well. Our only issue is she does not like our other female cat very much and when she goes to the litter box she kicks like she is using dirt, without a lid there will be a 3 feet circle of cat litter. She really trust us now, jumps on the bed with us to pet her when she is on break. She is also not a poor starving thin cat anymore, she is getting a bit wide. We will put her on a light diet when kittens are weaned.

Ramsey update: He is the large orange ragamuffin Maine coon cat. He is the adoptive mother for previous litters we had to take care of. He is terrified of SmashFace for some reason and we noticed he likes the other kittens, grooms them and lets some of them climb him. He even tried to make them use the bathroom like how kiwi does. We do not know why he is so motherly. We limit his exposure since male cats can be aggressive to kids that aren't theirs even though he is good with them. We will introduce them more later when they are bigger.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/10237c78-21d4-4425-b077-83325f4d01d9.gif
Also kittens are obsessed with licking us

Also we do not have dogs, we are pet setting them for a week. This will be their only interaction since kittens look too much like dog toys, the dogs are gently and wont hurt a fly but we are not risking it. SmashFace likes spondgebob and I am not the one holding them.
SmashFace.jpg
RamseyAndFriend.jpg
Sisandkittens.jpg
SmashandDog.jpg
KingSmashFace.jpg
Licky.jpg
CupEater.jpg

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ragamuffin is so princely and regal! My MC has always be a favorite of fostered kittens. I belong to a couple of MC groups & it seems to be rather common that MC males like kittens & children, even toddlers - the quintessential family cat :clapcat: :cool:

JackSmith90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update: Welp we are probably keeping smash face. All of the kittens are doing very well. We gave MiniKiwi away some where between late Sept or early Oct. We are keeping the rest until Nov 2nd at the earliest. We already have reservations for all of them. We are saying no to homes with kids under 7 and dogs weight less then 7lbs (small dogs are jerks). My sis wants White Claudia but she has two labs and the kittens are still toy size. So we are holding her till she is around half the size of her cat.. My cousin had dibs on Zelda (blackwhite) since she was born, she likes tuxedo cats. If her other cat doesn't like her my aunt will take her. I was given the option to take a second cat but Kiwi has gotten very close with the her co mother Ramsey ( male orange Maine coone ragamuffin mutt) and she gets upset when she cannot see him. So I have to take Ramsey now. We noticed Smash Face has the same face structure as Ramsey and he has several similar mannerisms. Tries to climb door frames, sleeps in front of doors, and is very hungry.

Kiwi got a pretty sick a few days ago. She had an upper repertory infection. We took her to the vet, she weighs 8 pounds more, she gain a pound the last she was weighed, two weeks before she gave birth. They gave her medicine and we had to quarantine he for 2 days. She missed her babies a lot. We think she went on hunger strike. This is the first thing that happened when we got back to her kittens.
download_20201015_235147.jpg

She was supposed to be fixed today but I am afraid of kittens tugging near the stitching. I like having cats with enternal organs. We have to deal with her being in heat and making Ramsey uncomfortable for a while longer. We also had her eye looked at poor thing got hurt pretty bad. she can see just fine.

We took the kittens to get a minor check when they around 7 weeks old. They are all close or over 2 lbs and the vet said they never seen "chunky" kittens before. They are also very healthy and have no fear of humans or other animals. They asked us if we should test them for feline leukemia and feline aids but kiwi was negative. Since the mother did not have them should the kittens be safe as well? I mean she would of probably caught them when she got the std called kittens.

20201014_182640.jpg 20201013_164528.jpg 20201013_164616.jpg 20201013_145917.jpg 20201012_210357.jpg 20201003_093552.jpg 20201002_194356.jpg 20200928_083715.jpg
Screenshot_20201016-003322_Video Player.jpg

SmartSelect_20201016-003722_Gallery.jpg

Also forgot to mention Zelda (blackWhite) has close to a perfect triforce I n her nose. It is a thing from legend of zelda video games and we do not see many cats with Triforces on them. We think she truly deserves the name zelda lol. Like how Ramsey is one of the cats worthy to be compared to Garfield
download_20201016_002857.jpg

JackSmith90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update: We are officially keeping Kiwi, Berry (grey), and Sam (grey white). He are holding onto Zelda for my cousin until she can take her. They are all very happy and a bit destructive.
20210103_175553.jpg

Kiwi: the poor small stray that hopped in my car is now a bit fat and is a bit skidish. She stopped nursing her babies around dec 20 and she got pretty large. She loves the kittens kitty food and we have to lock her with them at night or she gets upset. One night she brought a stuff animal to the door to feed her babies and meowed until we let her in. When her babies get stuck or accidentally lock in rooms she lets us know.

She is doing very well health wise besides the weight. We believe she is small due to malnutrition and she seems to blink her injured eye a lot. Berry is probably going to be bigger then kiwi soon. She still has some stray traits, she will walk away from us when we go to her and run if we lock eyes. Once she lays down we can pick her up no problem. We noticed she would not accept cat treats when her babies are near and she prevents the other cats from getting it.
SmartSelect_20201228-153915_Gallery.jpg

Berry: she is the most playful and destructive baby of the bunch and she is my favorite. She is the most affectionate one, when she wakes up she starts purring and demanding us to pet her. When she sees her siblings sleeping she will groom them and when we hold her she will lick us non stop.
When we fixed her we had a scare about her stitches. It look like there was an Easter egg under her stitches. We took her to the vet and they gave her an antibiotic that shrunk it down to the size of an Hershey kiss after a few days. She is now doing very well.
SmartSelect_20201228-153837_Gallery.jpg

Sam: He is the softest thing in the world. He seems to a be a bit aloof and does not seem to know he is larger then his sisters. He shares several traits with Ramsey our MaineCoon Ragamuffin mut cat. They both go to sleep by falling on thier side and there is not an ounce of aggression in them. Sam does not know what fear is, he does not respond when we vacuum around him.
When we fixed him he would not stop licking it. His privates became very red and swollen and we had to take him back to the vet.We had to get him a cone since his face was to smashed to eat with the vet cone. After a week of antibiotics and cone he healed up well.
SmartSelect_20201228-153857_Gallery.jpg

Zelda: she is the family escape artist. When a door open she will sprint out. We are thankful she is afraid of the outdoors. She is very smart, she responds to her name and comes up to us when we call her. She is a bit of a loner as in she will sleep upstairs when the others would sleep around the family. She is also the most well behaved kitten, she does not jump on counter or tables as much as the other too.
20210103_175437.jpg

During Christmas we had to only put up ornaments that won't shatter, so there where several bells in the tree. They all loved climbing the tree, even Kiwi.

We are happy that kiwi jumped in my car this summer but for some reason I am not allowed to go camping anymore.

Attachments