Small very pregnant cat help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JackSmith90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is she having contractions?
She sometimes meow randomly but not today and I can see her twitch a good bit when laying on her side. Her breathing is much faster then our other cats and sometimes she runs from us randomly. I saw her stain a bit last night but there had been no real signs of a mucus plug.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She sometimes meow randomly but not today and I can see her twitch a good bit when laying on her side. Her breathing is much faster then our other cats and sometimes she runs from us randomly. I saw her stain a bit last night but there had been no real signs of a mucus plug.
She's getting close. The best thing you can do is keep a close eye on her and block off any spaces that are small enough for her to fit in that you would not be able to easily access. If she is starting to run away from you then she is probably in a lot of discomfort, even if it's not actual pain it can still cause her to want to hide. If you have a small room like a walk in closet (as long as it has a secureable door) or bathroom it may be a good idea to relocate her there, at least until she gives birth and starts to feel comfortable again.

JackSmith90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We did not have room for us and kitten in bathroom and we felt bad having her alone. So we kitten proof the bedroom connected to the bathroom. Now if she wants privacy she can go in bathroom and we get to sleep with air conditioning. We saw her look in the window and hissed for the first time. She might of been afraid of her reflection.

Attachments

JackSmith90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is now very vocal and needy now since 5. She tried to escape the too. She is meowing constantly and does not want to he left alone. No signs of mucus plug.

JackSmith90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is now very vocal and needy now since 5. She tried to escape the too. She is meowing constantly and does not want to he left alone. No signs of mucus plug.
It is 10 now

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are getting concerned try calling your vet and see what they think, a phone call doesn't cost anything.

JackSmith90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She wanted wet catfood. She has stopped meowing, still hungry for attention. I also slept in my room since she popped my mattress and after I came back she calmed down. So I am the favorite human, she has not even wink at my mom.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She wanted wet catfood. She has stopped meowing, still hungry for attention. I also slept in my room since she popped my mattress and after I came back she calmed down. So I am the favorite human, she has not even wink at my mom.
Air mattress? Yeah.....those combined with Cats never ends well.

If she's more comfortable with you around then spend as much time as you can in the room with her. You don't have to give her your full attention, just being nearby should be good enough for the most part. Watch TV, read a book, work on your computer, do some gaming, take a nap, etc. as long as you are there it will be easier for her.