Small very pregnant cat help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JackSmith90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If she hasn't lost the plug yet then she's not quite ready, but if she starts showing signs of being in pain call a vet right away.
Okay thank you. I am afraid she may not show pain around us since she is stray and doesn't really trust us.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay thank you. I am afraid she may not show pain around us since she is stray and doesn't really trust us.
If she doesn't run away from you or flinch/shrink back when you try to touch her then she trusts you, so nothing to worry about there. The articles sarthur2 linked to should tell you most of what you need to know to prepare, but the main things you'll want are to make sure you have your vet's number handy in case of an emergency, and you may want to pick up some KMR just in case she has trouble nursing them or there are too many to nurse at the same time. In large litters the smaller Kittens often get pushed aside by the larger ones and may not survive unless you step in to help feed them.

JackSmith90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Still no kittens she is kinda back to normal, not as many signs of labor. She has not done any grunting or meowing today. She has not eaten much kitten food but will eat wet food instantly. So we are giving her a bag of it in morning and evening. She is still producing small amounts of white discharge and small amounts of brown discharge. She also stopped playing with her laser pointer and she is less interested in being petted.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 is right - Nature usually knows best. The longer that she delays her labor, the more chances her body has to build up the nutrients from the good food that you are feeding her. I am so,so glad that you rescued her from the campground - what a cruel fate to be tossed away because of being pregnant and unwanted. When I was pregnant with my first child, my doctor wanted to induce labor on February 14 but I asked our old country doctor for a second opinion and he told me "a ripe peach falls" so I opted to wait; on March 18, I had 4 hours of incredibly easy, all natural labor & delivered an 8lb baby girl - I am so glad that I listened to sound wisdom.

JackSmith90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Still no major signs of labor. She is just sleeping in her nest. She stopped eating solid food and will only eat wet food, so either she is due soon or is picky.

I posted some progression picks of when we got her and today. Funny thing is she was very friendly when we were camping even though we didn't have any meat. The poor thing was starving, we saw her eat some bugs and a dropped corn nut. When we were packing she hopped in our car and we took that as a sign.

We contacted the camping grounds people and they said they were trying to catch her, this was a hunting and bird watch area and wanted her gone. On our way home we tried 3 different animal services to see if anyone could take her but no one would wanted her. They were connected to humane society so friendly cats go to them in 3 days.

So now we are fostering her and have been sleeping in the basement with her for a week now incase she has difficulties.

Attachments

JackSmith90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No mucus plug, back so small amounts of white discharge and hungry for dry cat food again. The kittens moved down her belly a few days ago so she should be ready to give birth any time now.

JackSmith90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Apparently this poor hungry stray got picky and does not like her kibble anymore, we changed it and now she is happy. When we first got her she chewed through and knocked over the bag but now she doesn't like tiki. We alternated tiki and purina everytime we fed her and she doesn't like tiki anymore. She ate bugs and a corn nut when we found her.

Attachments

JackSmith90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Minor update: the kitten kicks keep waking up the poor tired momma. She been trying to sleep all day. We only filled her food bowl once today, she would be on her 3rd by now. We noticed yesterday that when she kneeds on her blanket it is very dramatic, her whole body shakes. Her hole has closed again as well.