Small lump on Caine's chin :( would like help identifying it

meto

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I noticed a small lump on Caine's chin and I'm a little concerned. I noticed it within the past month, and looking back at photos, it wasn't there a few months ago. I don't know exactly when it showed up. It's hard to get a clear photo because of his fur in the way, but it's not like a pimple, just like a vague little lump that's his skin color. It's not painful since he doesn't retract or seem to care when it's touched. I don't think it's acne because it doesn't look like it and it's just one isolated bump. When I took him in to get his teeth cleaned a month and a half ago, I don't think it was there or very noticeable yet, because nobody saw or said anything about it including me. Anyone have any ideas of what it is? I'll keep a close eye on it and make sure it doesn't get bigger or develop in any way. Thank you for any advice!
image0 (5).jpeg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! How old is Caine? It could be something as simple as a wart. The older a cat is, the more likely it is something like that, or even a cyst or a skin tag. Not to say younger cats can't have them as well!! Is it hard or soft, does it move or is it stationary?

It is a very good idea to keep an eye on it in terms of growth and/or spreading.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Watch it for signs of growth and if there are none, show the vet the next time you see him, unless something else seems odd about it like bleeding, etc.