Small Intestine Lymphoma

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cheyennesmom19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How is Cheyenne doing? I’ve been reading the thread and you’re doing everything you can for your baby!! This site has really helped me emotionally and educationally with my baby midnight. He was diagnosed with triaditis, we did a lot of trial and error with the food. Please keep us updated and remember what a wonderful mom you are to your fur baby
She isn't eating :(
But I haven't given up yet ;) And I don't think she has either...

Midnight33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am sad to hear about her appetite loss ☹ I have heard of people using turmeric, I think anything natural that could help is worth researching. There is some nutritional high calorie gel I got from my vet for midnight’s calorie intake to increase when he had low appetite. It was affordable I believe around $13 for the bottle. I wonder if that may help just to get some calories to her.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista loved the Cat Cal nutritional gel. Until she didn't. I think I used it one too many times for medicine meals and now she's over it.

Didn't the Immune Restoration package from Vitality Science include Celloquent Gold with turmeric?

What you want is curcumin which is the active component in turmeric. The spice you get from the store doesn't have enough curcumin to be useful here. Search the forums for curcumin. This has been talked about recently. There were a couple specific product recommendations.

Cheyennesmom19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cheyenne isn't eating on her own. She did eat a very tiny bit this morning but ever since then every thing we have put in front her is a no go. I have been syringe feeding her.

I did return the vet's call but Saturday he didn't return mine :angryfire: to talk about her stuff nose. We did get some of the HomeoPet Nose Relief and I am not sure if its helping.

I received my Vitality Science package and I have been giving her the Celloquent 2x times and I started the Vital Pet Lipids this morning.

She's very tired, we also got some of the Nutri Cal thinking that might help also.... she's going under the bed and I don't think she really likes being held all that much the last 2 days.

I have given her her 5th pill this evening the lumps under the chin have not decreased in size...

My question is how long do I use the VS to see if its working and not make Cheyenne miserable? Does that make sense, what I am trying to ask?

I don't want to watch her be miserable but if this VS really does work then I want to give it a chance to work.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s a question for Vitality Science. They will return your email usually within 24 hours. I would say that she needs to eat more than anything though. Did you try making her a meat or fish stock?

Cheyennesmom19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That’s a question for Vitality Science. They will return your email usually within 24 hours. I would say that she needs to eat more than anything though. Did you try making her a meat or fish stock?
No I haven't because she isn't eating, not even the broth in the Tuna and Sardines in broth that I heated up for her just like you suggested.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know what her overall outlook is or how far you want to go. But she needs to eat and eat a lot too. She needs a lot of nutrition because she has a lot going on. If you’re willing to take a more active hand in this, I would suggest a feeding tube (esophageal tube that inserts into her neck.) It will help you get more nutrition in her than you probably can by syringe feeding her orally. The longer she goes without eating, the less likely she will restart on her own. Not eating is making her sick and not feeling much like eating. The cycle perpetuates itself. I don’t think this is how you want this to end.

Tube Feeding in Cats

Cats can heal remarkably quickly when they have good nutrition. Or they can fade and waste terribly without it.

Cheyennesmom19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don’t know what her overall outlook is or how far you want to go. But she needs to eat and eat a lot too. She needs a lot of nutrition because she has a lot going on. If you’re willing to take a more active hand in this, I would suggest a feeding tube (esophageal tube that inserts into her neck.) It will help you get more nutrition in her than you probably can by syringe feeding her orally. The longer she goes without eating, the less likely she will restart on her own. Not eating is making her sick and not feeling much like eating. The cycle perpetuates itself. I don’t think this is how you want this to end.

Tube Feeding in Cats

Cats can heal remarkably quickly when they have good nutrition. Or they can fade and waste terribly without it.
I am not sure if that's going to be an option. Don't you still have to syringe the food into the tube? I work 8 hours a day and so does my husband. There is no one else or hospitalize her. Not sure if I want to go that route. I can't bring her to work with me, so maybe the best option as of right now is to put her down???!!!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be having this conversation with your vet. There may be rescue organizations that can take sick cat surrenders. You may also consider hiring a caregiver off care.com. Or ask your vet if there are vet techs who can help with the feedings for a fee. There are also at least a couple other appetite stimulants you haven't tried yet. Entyce worked well with Krista and rather quickly. But it didn't last very long. It was once or twice a day instead of once every two or three days like mirtazapine. But that may also work out better with your work schedule. I took time off to care for Krista at first. Then I worked out a work-from-home agreement with my boss. I can't imagine not having that option.

Cheyennesmom19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't have much faith in the vets around here, the vet here basically told me that she couldn't do anything else for Cheyenne to take her home and prepare to say good-bye to her. She didn't offer any other appetite stimulants she offered a B12 shot which she gave but it did nothing for Cheyenne. The first vet told me not to try steroids, that she has 3 to 4 months to live. The 2nd vet told me she had an infection...

The vet in Tulsa gave the steroid shot and gave me pills but hasn't returned my call about her stuffy nose.

Cheyennesmom19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And the company that I work for I am a contractor, the only at home option I would have is to quite and financially I have a house to pay for with all the utilities that's not an option as of right now.

Cheyennesmom19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Talk to the vet finally and he told me what pills to get for her stuff nose and he also said that I could come back next week for another shot.

Midnight33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Anything new with Cheyenne? Been following your thread. The nutri cal was what that gel was called I’m glad you got some. Hopefully your cat ate it more than mine did. hope your baby is ok and you found more about what is going on