Small Intestine Lymphoma

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wow! And, that kind of depicts the look on her face - it sure looks like she thinks she hit the mother lode with all that good stuff!!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything that doesn’t work out, you can take back for store credit. I’d try to get more pates next time and mix with the broths and gravies. She’s not going to get enough nutrition from gravies and broths alone. The big ME number on the back that’s Kcal/Kg, I like that to be 1000 or more. Because sick cats don’t eat as much you want to make sure they get a lot for their nibbling.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aside from my cookbooks, we have similar cat food cabinets. Most of these don’t agree with her anymore. The Rawz turkey is her everyday food. The other Rawz if she is holding a grudge against recently vomited turkey. Everything else probably should be returned for credit and pick up foods that might agree with her better.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cheyennesmom19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well part of the reason for some of that gravy stuff is we have another cat who is 17 and a diabetic, but had to spend the last 2 days at the vets due to having fluid on the chest....the vet wants him on a low fat diet... but I will go and get some more pate stuff... its good to know we can get store credit.

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry about your dear little one. I know...…...I absolutely know how awful it is, to know they are ill and be watching them moment by moment for any negative changes. The good changes we can deal with---but anything resembling a bad change is just heart-breaking and so stressful. Only you know what is normal and not normal for your own kitty. You can ONLY do your best and see where this journey will take you. When my kitties have been ill, my wonderful Vet told me, "You WILL know when it is time. When your cat refuses to eat anything, it is weak and it is sleeping and doesn't want any interaction....you will know...." So, you just do whatever you can to give your dear kitty as good a quality of life as you can at this point (well, actually at EVERY point in their lives with you!) But the big thing now is very glaringly, a "quality of life" thing. y
You can watch closely and try to help your dear one with the best quality of life you can help with, whatever (with the help of your Vet), this looks like now.
Thinking of you and wishing you and your dear kitty, strength and comfort as you walk through this together....

Cheyennesmom19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is how she looks tonight. Totally different then what she did a week ago.

20190711_220421.jpg

I think part of it is her stuff nose and sneezing...I am going to call the vet the one in Tulsa to see if I can give her anything for the sneezing and stuffy nose.

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sending hugs. You are really trying and your kitty knows how much you love her, for sure!!!:hearthrob::redheartpump:

Cheyennesmom19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is back to not eating. :( I had to syringe feed her this morning. No matter what I put in front of her she's walking away from it or turning her nose up at it.

So I guess the only way I can think :headscratch: of getting that Celloquent (powder form) in her is just dish out enough of food for the supplement and syringe it into her. :dunno::dunno::dunno:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is back to not eating. :( I had to syringe feed her this morning. No matter what I put in front of her she's walking away from it or turning her nose up at it.

So I guess the only way I can think :headscratch: of getting that Celloquent (powder form) in her is just dish out enough of food for the supplement and syringe it into her. :dunno::dunno::dunno:
Did you try with it mixed into a topper or broth? You may only get one or two times with the syringe before she decides she doesn’t like it (the syringe feeding.) Even if she does tolerate it, she still needs a lot of calories. Can you ask the vet for an appetite stimulant?

Cheyennesmom19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did you try with it mixed into a topper or broth? You may only get one or two times with the syringe before she decides she doesn’t like it (the syringe feeding.) Even if she does tolerate it, she still needs a lot of calories. Can you ask the vet for an appetite stimulant?
we've tried the appetite stimulant Mirtazapine makes her depressed. Before I left I mixed some pate with one of the broth toppers, it was a no go.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we've tried the appetite stimulant Mirtazapine makes her depressed. Before I left I mixed some pate with one of the broth toppers, it was a no go.
What do you mean the mirtazapine made her depressed? Did it work? Did she eat? That's most important than anything else right now. There are other appetite stimulants like Entyce and one other I don't remember the name right now.

Cheyennesmom19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What do you mean the mirtazapine made her depressed? Did it work? Did she eat? That's most important than anything else right now. There are other appetite stimulants like Entyce and one other I don't remember the name right now.
No it didn't work and she didn't eat. My husband had a cat that it didn't work on her either in fact it made her very sound sensitive. I even tried just half a dose... did the same thing with Cheyenne she just shut down.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I take you have a call into the Tulsa vet about the sneezing and stuffy nose? If she can't smell much because of the stuffy nose, she could lose interest in eating. So, the smellier the food, as a test, the better.

Is she getting steroids in the form of pills by now? I thought I remembered reading that she had a 30 days supply following the steroid shot?

Maybe ask the Tulsa vet about the mirtazapine (or a replacement) as well as the steroid pills (dosage), if she is taking them.

Cheyennesmom19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I take you have a call into the Tulsa vet about the sneezing and stuffy nose? If she can't smell much because of the stuffy nose, she could lose interest in eating. So, the smellier the food, as a test, the better.

Is she getting steroids in the form of pills by now? I thought I remembered reading that she had a 30 days supply following the steroid shot?

Maybe ask the Tulsa vet about the mirtazapine (or a replacement) as well as the steroid pills (dosage), if she is taking them.
Yes I have a call into the vet from Tulsa about her sneezing and stuffy nose.

Yes is she getting steroids in pill form now, she's had 2 and they are only 5mg (I think) I will try to ask him if I should give her more...

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she has a stuffy nose, go with smelly fish food. I'd try that Whole Hearted Tuna with Sardine pouch. Soak the pouch in hot water for a minute or two or remove a portion to a plastic baggie and run that under hot water until it's lukewarm like fresh prey. That will also release the aromas more than plating cold or room temperature food. Get her eating something first. Once she likes one of those, you can slowly mix in a pate to get her extra nutrition: very little to start (teaspoon? half that?) and mix it in well so she can't eat around it. You can increase it a little more each day.

I would also try a homemade meat stock: simmer meaty bones for a couple of hours and tap out the marrow. It's packed with so much gut healing nutrition and minerals that it's worth it to try to find a meat stock she likes. Do not use store brand soup stock, broth, or boullion as these all can contain seasonings that would be harmful to her. Any meat you think she might like. You can even try a fish stock if you can find a bony fish to use. Fish bones don't have as much marrow as beef bones but something is better than nothing at this point.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No it didn't work and she didn't eat. My husband had a cat that it didn't work on her either in fact it made her very sound sensitive. I even tried just half a dose... did the same thing with Cheyenne she just shut down.
There are other appetite stimulants. Mirtazapine isn't really an appetite stimulant. It's an anti-depressant that has increased appetite as a side effect. Entyce is a true appetite stimulant. It works quickly but the effect doesn't last nearly as long as others.

Midnight33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How is Cheyenne doing? I’ve been reading the thread and you’re doing everything you can for your baby!! This site has really helped me emotionally and educationally with my baby midnight. He was diagnosed with triaditis, we did a lot of trial and error with the food. Please keep us updated and remember what a wonderful mom you are to your fur baby

Cheyennesmom19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she has a stuffy nose, go with smelly fish food. I'd try that Whole Hearted Tuna with Sardine pouch. Soak the pouch in hot water for a minute or two or remove a portion to a plastic baggie and run that under hot water until it's lukewarm like fresh prey. That will also release the aromas more than plating cold or room temperature food. Get her eating something first. Once she likes one of those, you can slowly mix in a pate to get her extra nutrition: very little to start (teaspoon? half that?) and mix it in well so she can't eat around it. You can increase it a little more each day.

I would also try a homemade meat stock: simmer meaty bones for a couple of hours and tap out the marrow. It's packed with so much gut healing nutrition and minerals that it's worth it to try to find a meat stock she likes. Do not use store brand soup stock, broth, or boullion as these all can contain seasonings that would be harmful to her. Any meat you think she might like. You can even try a fish stock if you can find a bony fish to use. Fish bones don't have as much marrow as beef bones but something is better than nothing at this point.
Thank for the tip about soaking the pouch in hot water, I will try that. And I will stop by our butcher shop to get some meaty bones for the marrow.