Small Injury on Paw

homoki2002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have an adorable little kitty that comes to visit us. Yesterday he was limping and it seemed to be something with one of his toe beans, maybe a scratch or bite or something. I'd like to put something on it when he visits again. Is there some home remedy that I could put on there that would help keep it from being infected? I looked at some would care stuff at the pet store but wondered if there was something else. We think he has a home but aren't sure and I don't want to give him something that will make him sick or something. Watered down hydrogen peroxide? Any ideas?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If he'll let you, you could clean it with Vetricyn or Hibiclens (drugstore). But the problem with it being on the bottom of his foot, he'll just get it dirty again walking on it, using the litter box (if he has one), etc. Did you get a close look at the area? Could there be a piece of glass or something that went up inside the toe bean? Is it swollen? Usually they don't limp for just a scratch :frown:

BTW, I would NOT use diluted hydrogen peroxide. It really isn't good for wounds, even on humans.