Small Bumps on Cats Head

awheena

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I went ahead and scheduled a vet appointment, but I noticed a irritated red bump behind my cats ear and the fur was starting to thin around it. There are similar sized bumps that keep appearing all down her neck. They've been present for about 3 days. However, the other bumps are not visible, but you can feel them. It kinda feels like acne.
I'm not sure what it is. I know she's slightly behind on her flea/tick treatment, but our other animals don't have them. She's both indoor and outdoor, but ever since she got those bumps, she's been quite tired and lazy.
I've attached a picture od the bump that's visible
0626222243.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

awheena

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I went ahead and scheduled a vet appointment, but I noticed a irritated red bump behind my cats ear and the fur was starting to thin around it. There are similar sized bumps that keep appearing all down her neck. They've been present for about 3 days. However, the other bumps are not visible, but you can feel them. It kinda feels like acne.
I'm not sure what it is. I know she's slightly behind on her flea/tick treatment, but our other animals don't have them. She's both indoor and outdoor, but ever since she got those bumps, she's been quite tired and lazy.
I've attached a picture od the bump that's visible View attachment 424629
She's 3 years old! I forgot to include this.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The picture isn't clear. You should take your cat to the vet to get the bumps examined. They may be nothing to worry about or something that needs to be treated before they get worse.

awheena

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The picture isn't clear. You should take your cat to the vet to get the bumps examined. They may be nothing to worry about or something that needs to be treated before they get worse.
I apologize! Here's a better picture, but it's about as good as she'll let me get.
0627221555_Burst01.jpg

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not sure what the bump is. Is your cat scratching at it?

awheena

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not sure what the bump is. Is your cat scratching at it?
Sometimes. I know that it hurts when pressure is applied. Honestly, she might've just gotten into a bit of a cat fight. She's going to the vet Friday, though! I just wanted to see if perhaps anyone knew :)