Small bump on female kitten

catmommadevyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m worried about what this could be, she was scratching it so that could be why it’s red but it doesn’t hurt her for me to touch it and she doesn’t seem bothered by it. Can anyone tell me what it is?

Attachments

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It looks more like a hole than a bump. Was it a bump now it’s a hole? Like something ruptured? How long have you had the kitty? How long has the bump been there? Does she go outside?does she have any siblings?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. It could a bump that she has scratched open and if it is continuing to itch she might have scratched off a scab. It looks a little high on the head for it to be irritation from a topical flea treatment, but that might be something to consider. Look for other bumps and watch for scratching other locations. If there are no other spots, it would seem this could be due to something as simple as a bug bite or a 'play wound'. It looks like it is in an area that she wouldn't be able to lick, so you could try putting some of the original, plain Neosporin on it to help with both itchiness and healing. Watch it to see if it goes away, gets worse, or spreads. If either of the latter two, it probably should be checked out by a vet.