Slowly Losing my Mind attending to long time feral cat.

WWG1WGA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, My torture by feral cat has been ongoing for over 4 months now. We have a feral my parents got "fixed" and put in the yard about 6 years ago. They kept 1 cat and put this one in the woods. Brilliant caring people (thats a joke) anyway when I had to move here a few years ago to start to look out for these elderly nut jobs, I took over all cat care 2 indoor 1 outdoor, that included caring for Buddy outside which I have done. He has a cat neighborhood of houses to choose from under my deck and lived a great life until February. A mean sick cat showed up here, I spent days trying to get her to the vet. She attacked Buddy whenever he tried to eat, and she disappeared onE day beginning of June. Now my cat doesnt eat. He rarely eats anything and the nice routine I had with him has been destroyed. He looks LIKE an anorexia patient and acts like one to. and sometimes he will eat, sometimes he wont, but he always wants me to feed him. Then he hides from the food, or wants me to move or any number of things which has driven me to an ulcer at this point. I cant get him to go to a cage because he is only interested in food, until he sees it, really my patience is running out. I shutter to have to go into my beautiful backyard, because I dont want to feel the rage and frustration I get from preparing meal after meal for the flies outside. Please help, This may sound like I am crazy, but its sooooooooo frustrating, its ruining my relationship with my indoor cats because im so fed up. He is about 1/4 of that size now.
1626643981401.png

Molly and Abby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is frustrating because you care about his well-being.

Did you contact a cat feral organization? They may help you trap him using a "drop trap". If they are available, you could look up on-line "drop traps". It is tricky but not impossible to drop-trap a cat.

Cats are smart and will quickly learn about traps - is that what you mean by cage? So drop traps fool those smart kitties.

And good luck. You love this kitty. All is not lost & you've come to the right place.