Slinky

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night around 11 pm our beloved Slinky of almost 16 years crossed the bridge. She died in our bed under the covers because she was cold with me holding her. Slinky lovey your free now. I’m sure you are with your sisters running around and feeling like a youngster again. We will always love you and will never ever forget you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Slinky, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a gentle, peaceful passing you gave her! This is the deepest Truth I know, that love does not die, it only changes form, is translated and purified into Love, and continues on. And Love abides, always, forever, Love abides. Her Love is with you still, and always will be.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you can find some peace that she died at home surrounded by all she loved, it doesn't happen very often. Happening during this blessed time of year, when everyone is supposed to be happy and giving, is a blow to your heart, one that shall not be dealt with soon. The season will forever be one of melancholy now, but time will help to dull the sharp edges of grief......
She spent 16 years sharing your life's journey. Though she follows a new path now, it will forever parallel your own. The bond of love you built up over those years is a strong one, it can never be taken from you. Not even death can take her bond of love, it is spiritual, so eternal. "Death cannot take that which never dies".
Try to go forward into your future as you would have wanted her to go on if you were the first to go. Not in sorrow and grief, letting the world stand still in perpetual grief, but in thankfulness for what she brought to your life. She gave you one of this world's greatest treasures, a cat's love.
Rely on your many memories of happier times, to bring your grieving heart comfort. Of the sharing and little quirks, she alone possessed. It makes her life special and with real meaning, as it should be for someone you hold so dear. She was meant to be in your life, to have never met you at all would have been a tragic loss. It would have spared you this grief, but at what cost?
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time. I pray you know she is at peace because she carries your love with her. She is forever as close as your thoughts and prayers. Pray for her to bring you strength to get through this and she will send what comfrot she can. We are here to share what strength we have, as reminders that you CAN survive this. A shared burden is a lighter one. I wish I could hug you and tell you it will be alright, but every death is a personal journey that each and every person must travel alone. It is hard and seems unending right now, but the world will go on. The sun will rise in the morning and bring hope and warmth to a seemingly cold, unending night. Look for it's joy and beauty, it's hidden right now but in time and by the grace of God will come forth some time in the future. You gave that sweet girl everything she wanted and she will always love you for that........RIP precious Slinky. You will be dearly missed, you will always have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless nd keep you, until you meet again!

Last edited:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry that you lost your little friend, but she went on to the next life as peacefully as anyone could hope for, having you hold her. She is fine now, just fine, not cold anymore, just fine, and when you meet again it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless...:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, I am so very sorry for your loss, especially that it happened during this time of the year.
You gave her the most wonderful 16 years of her life, loved and protected. I am sure she was all smiles as she crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

You can now run free in an endless field of grasses and blooms with your sisters, Slinky. You will be missed by the family who loved you fiercely, and by everyone whom you had brought joy by your mere presence.

trishc59

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last night around 11 pm our beloved Slinky of almost 16 years crossed the bridge. She died in our bed under the covers because she was cold with me holding her. Slinky lovey your free now. I’m sure you are with your sisters running around and feeling like a youngster again. We will always love you and will never ever forget you.
it is so very hard to say good bye to our precious babies. Bless you for the love and care you give them.