Slightly Overweight Kitty?

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for all your tips and advice. She is definitely not eating any of the other cats dry food at home. I will monitor her closely but like you said, it will be difficult to ascertain if someone is feeding her.

I'll start by speaking to my neighbour and go from there. I wish I could keep them indoors only but I live with my grandparents who I care for and the only rule they have with the animals in their house is that they go outside to use the toilet and enjoy the outdoors.

I kinda now feel like a sh*tty cat dad now. If she actually is going to other houses to eat food, am I/was I not feeding her enough?
I understand. Everyone's situation is different. No don't feel like a shitty cat dad. I actually think your cat is so lucky to have such an attentive dad! I only feed my cats twice a day because I'm too lazy to do it 3x. Cats are just opportunistic and if someone's offering them something they'll snack on it. She may even be snacking on another house kitty's bowl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paris Pluto

Cat Daddy
Adult Cat
Purraise
I understand. Everyone's situation is different. No don't feel like a shitty cat dad. I actually think your cat is so lucky to have such an attentive dad! I only feed my cats twice a day because I'm too lazy to do it 3x. Cats are just opportunistic and if someone's offering them something they'll snack on it. She may even be snacking on another house kitty's bowl.
Oh thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it. My blood pressure when it comes to my cats is just next level.. I'm sure other cat slaves can relate 😓

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'll start by speaking to my neighbour and go from there. I wish I could keep them indoors only but I live with my grandparents who I care for and the only rule they have with the animals in their house is that they go outside to use the toilet and enjoy the outdoors....I kinda now feel like a sh*tty cat dad now. If she actually is going to other houses to eat food, am I/was I not feeding her enough?
Is there a location to place a catio in the yard? Catios can be set up to have an entry/exit point from the house (window/door with a cat flap) so the cats can come and go to get fresh air and be outside, but in a confined area so they can't roam. They could even use a litterbox out there (that, of course, you would have to clean). The catio could also contain cat trees/perches for them use while out there to help keep them entertained. See article link below about catios/cat enclosures.

As said above, a cat who comes across bowls outside meant for other cats are likely going to try out the food, if for no other reason than curiosity. And, if they like it, they will likely go back for more. If someone is setting out food, they may not even know if your cat is one of the cats who are eating some of it.

Let us know what the vet tells you about Jiggy's 'ideal' weight!!

All About Catios & Cat Enclosures - Catio Spaces

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paris Pluto

Cat Daddy
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is there a location to place a catio in the yard? Catios can be set up to have an entry/exit point from the house (window/door with a cat flap) so the cats can come and go to get fresh air and be outside, but in a confined area so they can't roam. They could even use a litterbox out there (that, of course, you would have to clean). The catio could also contain cat trees/perches for them use while out there to help keep them entertained. See article link below about catios/cat enclosures.

As said above, a cat who comes across bowls outside meant for other cats are likely going to try out the food, if for no other reason than curiosity. And, if they like it, they will likely go back for more. If someone is setting out food, they may not even know if your cat is one of the cats who are eating some of it.

Let us know what the vet tells you about Jiggy's 'ideal' weight!!

All About Catios & Cat Enclosures - Catio Spaces
I will definitely look into these catios/enclosures. Always hear about them on here but never really looked into it as for some reason I just assumed it would cost $1 million dollars lol. But if it's affordable, I will probably go down this route. The fact that an enclosure will keeps my kitties safe from the dangers of the outdoors is very appealing. Thanks for the recommendation 😁