Slight diarrhoea

Katieannee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello the morning my cat Marcy who is 6 years old had a normal poop but about 3 minutes later went again for a little runny one ( it got stuck in her fur so I don’t think it was a lot) I think it was because she was eating wet lamb food but for two days she had Wet turkey food ( from the same brand and both hypoallergenic) so I’m guessing it’s from swapping them. Question is: should I keep feeding her the lamb wet food or just dry food today? ( she eats wet all day and at night eats dry)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! The dry is the same food brand and variety she's been getting for weeks prior? If this were me I'd give her the kibble today, and then try some of the lamb again, later.

I've done that in the past with my boy and it does seem to work, although whether it's simply because of eliminating the cause (the turkey) or increasing the kibble I don't know.

Next time try a very gradual introduction of the turkey to her wet meals and see if that doesn't work better for her :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katieannee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yeah it’s the same dry food. Today I’ve given her lamb and dry together and she hasn’t been since! Next time I will gradually increase it but this time I ran out of lamb and by accident I picked up turkey so I had to give her that while waiting for the lamb

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I ran out of lamb and by accident I picked up turkey so I had to give her that while waiting for the lamb
I've done that, and once had a manufacturer stop making the food, that was bad.

Glad to hear she's back on track :)!