Sleep and Insomnia

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am completely dependent on white noise. I was just thinking the other day that if I ever traveled again, I would need a portable one!
There are apps for your phone/tablet. Even Youtube videos that are just 10 hours (or however long) of white noise. So a quick download and you're set, assuming you have a smartphone or tablet, but most people do.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for inquiring. I did come across this study posted on NCBI which absolutely shows a connection to liver issues and sleep problems. As mentioned previously when the liver is not working right it does affect the melatonin that it produces thus causing sleep problems. I mentioned Fatty Liver Disease which comes in two types: Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic. A bad diet containg lots of sugar, salt, and fat(trans and saturated fats) can cause the non-alcoholic version of FLD. It is reversible, with healthy diet changes and weight loss (if overweight). FLD doesn't always shows signs, but as it advances the symptoms of it are:
  • general weakness and fatigue
  • unexplained weight loss
  • decreased appetite
  • jaundice (this is a common symptom with liver diseases)
  • itchy skin
  • swollen legs and abdomen
I am on detox right now and I will begin taking Milk Thistle (a herb that is said to be good for the liver, I hear that Dandelion is another one). I don't know for sure if I hace FLD for sure, but I am going to be ditching my junk food habits for good. Wish me luck.🙂
Association of Sleep Disorders with Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD): A Population-based Study - PubMed

Last edited:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose have you done any more research on your liver perhaps affecting your sleep?
Jem Jem how are your headaches and things?
@maggie101 how are your ankle and sleep apnea? @DreamerRose are you getting longer sleep?
PMousse PMousse how are your stress levels doing lately?
Elphaba09 Elphaba09 how are you? Is your PTSD a little bit better?
fionasmom fionasmom and @sweet jane flash are the white noise machines still working?
@strider rose have you been sleeping good lately?
@CatladyJan how have you been sleeping?
@denice is your fan still working?

I think that’s everyone. :hugs:
Thank you for asking. I am as well as I can be. Unfortunately, no, it is not. I have been seeing a therapist for more than a decade, but since the thing that caused my PTSD is still an active and real threat, it is difficult to heal the PTSD. I take various medications that make it so that I can somewhat function. It is better than it was 10 years ago solely because of the medication. If I skip a dose, I am a mess.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch - The headaches and things are still the same...on and off. Not bad today, so that's good. It's my own fault though, I haven't been doing the exercises I'm supposed to for my headaches or leg issues. :paperbag: But my headaches are also connected to allergies and pressure system fluctuations so I can't control those as much.
Sleep has been good overall.
Thanks for asking...are you doing well today?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jem Jem I’m sorry to hear that, but I’m glad that you’re doing a bit better today. I hope you continue to feel well.
Thank you for asking. I’m okay. Verytired, but I’m determined not to take a nap because I know it will affect my sleep tonight for the worse.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for asking, BellaGooch BellaGooch . I'm getting sleeps in general but not for a good reason--I've been binge watching TV shows and not going to bed until 1am (I usually try to be asleep by 11pm). I still wake up around the same time but just feel a lot more tired during the day. But I'm trying to get to bed a bit earlier every night, I know my binge-watching is due to feeling upset about the lockdown, so for me it's more about addressing that more than having bad sleep hygiene.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I’ve tried melatonin and other supplements, none of which work. This week I tried these:
image.jpg

(The brand is Olly.)
They work for me! I’ve been taking one instead of two. I know they won’t work for everyone, but I thought I’d share in case anyone is interested. Of course, I’m not sleeping perfect and I’m still kind of tired during the days, but it’s really nice to sleep. How is everyone else doing?

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
So I’ve tried melatonin and other supplements, none of which work. This week I tried these: View attachment 382194
(The brand is Olly.)
They work for me! I’ve been taking one instead of two. I know they won’t work for everyone, but I thought I’d share in case anyone is interested. Of course, I’m not sleeping perfect and I’m still kind of tired during the days, but it’s really nice to sleep. How is everyone else doing?
:yess::thumbsup: I am so glad you found a melatonin supplements that work for you. My case, I am afraid, is more difficult. I have been getting lousy sleep and I have been on a diet for 4 days now. I am doing okay on the diet and sticking to my exercise regimen. I thought once I stopped eating junk food and brought my calories down it would help with my sleep, but I afraid not, at least not yet. I am worried that with this lack of decent sleep, that it will getting in the way of losing weight. I will be really annoyed if that happened. I am working out too hard.

Well, please say a little pray for me. I hope I can get a good night's sleep tonight. I also hope that you continue to get better sleep. Have a good night. 🙂

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, please say a little pray for me. I hope I can get a good night's sleep tonight. I also hope that you continue to get better sleep. Have a good night. 🙂
Of course I will. I hope this diet works for you. Thank you. I hope you get sleep and have a good night as well 🥰

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am afraid to say not well. Yesterday was the 4th day with very bad sleep. I don't know how I am functioning. I turning in early tonight. I hope I get better sleep. Thanks for asking. I hope you are continuing to get better sleep. 🙂
I’m sorry to hear that. I’m continuing to pray for you and everyone else on here dealing with this.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am not an expert on detoxing, but I think that as some of the toxins are eliminated that you can actually feel worse than before. Then there is an improvement...but sorry that you are having such a hard time with the sleeping.