Sleep and Insomnia

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Unisom is the brand name but every store has their own generic version.

My sleep schedule has been a mess lately. I've been getting to bed at 3 or 4 in the morning, and I have to get up at 6:45. So then I'm exhausted all day and take a nap when I get home from work which of course then makes me stay up later. . .ugh. Even if it is my natural schedule, that just doesn't work as long as I have to work, so I have to figure out how to reset it. I'm gonna try the doxylamine first, if that doesn't do it I'm going to try this one: Crash And Reboot
I have tried many sleep supplement formulas before. This is the first one I ever seen Citicoline in it. I will have to look into it. Thanks for putting up the link. I hope your sleep gets better for you. It is tough-- I know. 🙂

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How has everyone been doing with sleeping lately? I hope you guys are finding some relief. :hearthrob:

It's been up and down for me. I went through a stretch of a few months where I wasn't going to bed until in between 2:30-4:00ish on an average night. I've been waking up at 9:00 consistently every day for the past few weeks, but I'd like to be waking up much earlier. However, even with that morning routine, I still can't seem to fall asleep until at least around 1:30-2:30ish. My standard quality of sleep isn't as good as I wish it was... I usually am sleeping through the night, but I never wake up feeling rested.

I also haven't been having as much quiet time before bed- I've been working on schoolwork or other things that are keeping my brain active. (my brain functions much better at night... Thanks, ADHD! :lol:) It's usually hard for me to 'shut off' my brain at night.
That being said, I want to get back into the routine of completely cutting off screens, and just taking time to read my Bible and pray, since that usually calms me and eliminates any stress or anxieties.

I hope you all have been doing a little bit better and thank you are able to find something that works for you. 🙏

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello BellaGooch BellaGooch It is so interesting that you put an update on this thread. I was just thinking of this thread, you, and the other members here who are struggling with sleep. I hope you can sucessful disengage from electronics before bedtime (at least 2 hours before b.t.) I was thinking that maybe you can listen to the Bible readings on an audible. That way your eyes aren't being strained. Also, maybe some soft instrumental Christian music would put your mind at ease. Pray and release your burdens to God and when you try to sleep(focus on being calm and think of pleasant things). I use to take GABA which is an Amino Acid that acts like a neurotransmitter. It may help with calming your mind. I think it helped me a bit. You can get it in health food stores. Speak with your doctor and see if that may be right for you.

I have been off my diet for a month and a half now. I lost 35 pounds and will go back on it in January to lose 25+ more pounds. My sleep has improved a little. I don't have too many nights where I get little to no sleep. My sleep is fragmented. I never sleep the whole night through. I think I am getting 4-5 hours a night. 7 to 8 hours seems out of reach for me still. I think the weight loss helped my sleep a bit. I am very strict about not eating after 8 pm. However, I heard eating a light snack before bed is okay.

Well I hope you and everyone else hangs in there. Insomia can be very frustrating to deal with. Lol, I lost sleep worrying over my insomia. :lol: Oh, the irony. Well take care. It is good to hear from you again.🙂

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sleeping ok now, still haven't managed to go to bed on time yet though, lol. But at least I can fall asleep quickly when I do go to bed. I tried a lot of OTC sleeping pills. Doxylamine succinate works great but gives me a wild hangover (Nyquil always did that but I thought it was the other ingredients, or just because I had a cold, guess not). Dipenhydramine works fine but I don't want to develop resistance for allergies. I got those Instasleep melts and they work pretty well but seem to always be out of stock. So I've mostly settled on 10mg of melatonin and some generic valerian. Maybe it's the placebo effect but it seems to help and shouldn't be harmful long-term.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello BellaGooch BellaGooch It is so interesting that you put an update on this thread. I was just thinking of this thread, you, and the other members here who are struggling with sleep. I hope you can sucessful disengage from electronics before bedtime (at least 2 hours before b.t.) I was thinking that maybe you can listen to the Bible readings on an audible. That way your eyes aren't being strained. Also, maybe some soft instrumental Christian music would put your mind at ease. Pray and release your burdens to God and when you try to sleep(focus on being calm and think of pleasant things). I use to take GABA which is an Amino Acid that acts like a neurotransmitter. It may help with calming your mind. I think it helped me a bit. You can get it in health food stores. Speak with your doctor and see if that may be right for you.

I have been off my diet for a month and a half now. I lost 35 pounds and will go back on it in January to lose 25+ more pounds. My sleep has improved a little. I don't have too many nights where I get little to no sleep. My sleep is fragmented. I never sleep the whole night through. I think I am getting 4-5 hours a night. 7 to 8 hours seems out of reach for me still. I think the weight loss helped my sleep a bit. I am very strict about not eating after 8 pm. However, I heard eating a light snack before bed is okay.

Well I hope you and everyone else hangs in there. Insomia can be very frustrating to deal with. Lol, I lost sleep worrying over my insomia. :lol: Oh, the irony. Well take care. It is good to hear from you again.🙂
Thank you. That’s great advice that I will probably do. I am so glad to hear that you’re sleeping better! Praise God. That’s wonderful. Good for you for sticking to this. I hope that your sleep continues to improve.
Thank you so much.
I'm sleeping ok now, still haven't managed to go to bed on time yet though, lol. But at least I can fall asleep quickly when I do go to bed. I tried a lot of OTC sleeping pills. Doxylamine succinate works great but gives me a wild hangover (Nyquil always did that but I thought it was the other ingredients, or just because I had a cold, guess not). Dipenhydramine works fine but I don't want to develop resistance for allergies. I got those Instasleep melts and they work pretty well but seem to always be out of stock. So I've mostly settled on 10mg of melatonin and some generic valerian. Maybe it's the placebo effect but it seems to help and shouldn't be harmful long-term.
That’s wonderful that you found something that works for you. I hope your sleep schedule continues to improve and that you can start getting to sleep on time. 🤗
BellaGooch BellaGooch hi ! i have to get my sleep times regulated soon cause i am not sleeping right
I’m so sorry to hear that. 🤗 hang in there, and I pray you get this figured out soon!

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just thinking about you, BellaGooch BellaGooch it was good to see you on the sight again. My sleep is better and naturally waking up around 9:30am or close. I've went back to work so I'm trying to get to bed by midnight and would just like to start my day earlier so I have a life.

Hope all of you get good rest. Sweet Dreams.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just thinking about you, BellaGooch BellaGooch it was good to see you on the sight again. My sleep is better and naturally waking up around 9:30am or close. I've went back to work so I'm trying to get to bed by midnight and would just like to start my day earlier so I have a life.

Hope all of you get good rest. Sweet Dreams.
Thank you! I’ve been busy so it’s been hard to consistently be active on all of the usual threads here, but I miss being so active in this sweet little community! :hearthrob:
I’m so glad you’re sleep is better!! That’s wonderful. I completely understand how that feels. I hope you’re able to improve your sleep schedule even more. 🤗