Skittles is grooming herself too much!

dethstryke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well after the ordeal of having invading kitties in her realm and being attacked twice, and having her food moved around because she wouldn't eat in the kitchen because it was too close to the room with the cats, they are all gone but Skittles is still over grooming.
She has been grooming her lower belly until there is no fur left!

I have been giving her some calming treats and using the spray but I think she can still smell them and that is the issue.

Will she stop over grooming when I finally get the bedroom rug shampooed or torn out? Is she going to be nervous all the time?
She has started to play fetch with her fox toy again so that's a big relief.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
Her starting to play again is a hugely positive thing and makes me think that she'll feel more calm after the cleaning you do. Can you try Cat Music for her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dethstryke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here is how much she has taken off. We are currently playing ping pong in her box that I can't get rid of even though it's the size of a chair in area.
PXL_20221113_040439041.jpg
PXL_20221113_040225846.jpg
PXL_20221113_040024472.jpg
PXL_20221113_040034026.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dethstryke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's still grooming too long. I have taken to interrupting her when I notice she's focusing on her belly. She moves on to a new location to clean but I wonder if she feels embarrassed. She looks at me when I interrupt her like "huh? What did I do?"