Skin Sores

Eadams410

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_2458.JPG
IMG_2461.JPG
My cat has recurring sores in the same area on her back between her shoulder blades. They have been tested for ringworm and have come back negative. They usually appear and last for a few weeks before healing up. She gets them once every few months. They are flat sores that bleed lightly and often have a watery discharge. What could this be?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has the vet done a scraping to see if that helps figure out what they are? Other than that, I'm thinking maybe flea bites or some kind of allergy. Do you apply flea meds in that spot? Does she scratch them?

Ursula Helida Carvalho

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My baby has been having the same problem. Reccurent sores on her back. It happned three times. They are small wounds (usually 3 or 4) that form a kind of a crust and then disappears. After some time (usually a few months), the wounds comes back. But her wounds look different from the ones on the pictures you showed us. They are small and dry just like a healing wound. Her vet had her hair tested for fungi and the result was negative. Each time the wounds appear, her vet recommends ozonized sunflower oil twice a day (no prescriptions here; just telling what her vet did) and it seems to work but now she is going to investigate the possibility of some kind of allergy.

jennifersbar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat had one like this between her shoulder blades and the vet said it was a hot spot. They gave me some cream for it as well as she got an antibiotic shot.