Skin Lesion On Cat

Cluecke

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
B126821C-DBFB-46EE-A86B-36FB7FFA0641.jpeg
hey y’all, this is my first post here. While going to put flea medication on my cat, I noticed a strange bald spot with reddish/flaky skin. It isn’t a circle so I don’t think it is ring worm. I decided not to put the flea meds on her in case it was a reaction from last month. I have included a picture... hoping someone can tell me what it might be!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cluecke

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Additional Info: I’m not sure how long it has been there because my cat has medium hair and the bald spot was covered by floof.
I’m wondering if this is something I should seek immediate veterinary care or if I should monitor it a few days and then take her. Thanks!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. That is so hard to determine. Have you checked all of her body to see if you can see any other spots? Have you noticed her scratching that area, or any other areas if you find other spots on her? It could be a number of things, but more so if you find other spots like that on other parts of her body. Since you, apparently, have no idea when exactly it started, it could be a reaction to the flea treatment, but only if that is exactly where you placed the first treatment. It doesn't look infected, which is good.

I would probably just go ahead and have it checked out - just to be safe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cluecke

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. That is so hard to determine. Have you checked all of her body to see if you can see any other spots? Have you noticed her scratching that area, or any other areas if you find other spots on her? It could be a number of things, but more so if you find other spots like that on other parts of her body. Since you, apparently, have no idea when exactly it started, it could be a reaction to the flea treatment, but only if that is exactly where you placed the first treatment. It doesn't look infected, which is good.

I would probably just go ahead and have it checked out - just to be safe.
Thank you for your reply! I checked her out and didn’t see any other places. She hasn’t been scratching it at all, that’s another reason why I hadn’t ever seen it! I’m going to call and make her an appointment tomorrow.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That is the best idea. It doesn't look serious, but maybe the vet can at least tell you if they think it might be flea treatment related. Then, you can try another flea treatment. And, they can also give you something to help heal the spot. Good luck with the vet and please let us know the outcome!!

lilaggie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
I think this is a scab. It fell off Cece sometime in the last 48 hours. She got it on her flank. I’m not entirely sure how it got there or how long it had been there, since I was gone 2 weeks. It was there at least 2 weeks. Any ideas? She is an indoor rescue cat and still getting used to surroundings, adopted in April. I thought I would post here instead of starting a new thread.

Attachments

lilaggie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
I think this is a scab. It fell off Cece sometime in the last 48 hours. She got it on her flank. I’m not entirely sure how it got there or how long it had been there, since I was gone 2 weeks. It was there at least 2 weeks. Any ideas? She is an indoor rescue cat and still getting used to surroundings, adopted in April. I thought I would post here instead of starting a new thread.
The 2-week trip was an emergency, otherwise I wouldn’t have gone.