sitting on another cat's head

tx_kat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else have a cat that will sit on another cat's head? 

Sometimes when our boy cat is laying on the floor, one of our girl cats will come up and sit down on his face.  Of course, he gets mad, jumps up and chases after her. 

Could this just be her way of provoking him to play chase with her?  Or is there a deeper meaning that I don't know about?

8whiskers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used to have two female cats, Coco and Skeeter, that did that. When I adopted Coco, she had never been spayed, and a week after I got her, she went into heat. She would put her butt in the air, her chin on the ground and howl her little head off. Either Skeeter didn't like the noise, or (more likely) she was trying to be helpful, because every time Coco did that, Skeeter would come over and sit on her head! Pretty funny listening to Coco's muffled howls and Skeeters expression "do you hear that noise??"

presouz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's been happening here pretty regularly since my new kitten was about six months old she sits right on top of my 13-year-old cats head or straddles her whole body I think it's a form of I'm the queen here and you are not. Of course my 13-year-old cat does not like this at all.