Sisters....getting Along Better....not Quite Normal...

Matt M PA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all...its been awhile since my latest update on our Aggie and Allie.

It's almost 2 months since we heard them growling and hissing under a bed together. After a couple weeks separated, they've been loose in the house.

It seems about once a day they cross paths in a way that causes them to growl or hiss at each other. Well, for Allie to hiss and Aggie. Tonight, while Allie playing in a reusable shopping bag...Aggie decided to join in. You guessed it...Allie hissed and growled at Aggie. Aggie made some noises back and eventually went to the cat tree. No further noise.

I suppose this is going to take some time, but it sure is frustrating....

Thanks for reading!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just don't see hissing and growling as a big deal UNLESS it is more then that. If one is not eating, behaving differently, urinating out of the box, etc things like that. If they are otherwise fine they just are vocal when they cross paths it is ok! Let them work it out. They HAVE to work it out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Matt M PA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I try to play with them together with the laser light of fishing pole...but one or the other often doesn't seem interested.

Both are eating, using the box, etc as normal. I feed them side by side and they take treats together.

This AM, when they came into the kitchen to be fed...Aggie went to lick Allie's, well, back side....Allie hissed and swung at Aggie. Nothing further occurred. They later sniffed noses briefly before eating.

There is progress in as much as they seem to be getting back to a more normal activity, etc. Sometimes, after a growl or hiss they'll separate....but wind up laying down within a few feet of each other.

Thanks very much for the thoughts!

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds pretty normal. My two never got much past that. Older cat would gladly ignore the younger, but if he wants to play or even lick her, she will growl at him and if he persists maybe even yowl. And its been years. She just doesn't want to be touched by another cat. But if the younger is being calm, she can lay near him.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine were together almost 16 years and one minute they ate and slept together, then the next someone takes a swing at the other because they are too close, because they made eye contact, because one tried to lick the others head, literally anything... It is just how cats are.