Singleton kitten and mother care

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

satax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The dried blood might be from the food change but is more likely related to the clear discharge that had happened earlier. A veterinary visit would be best, if that is possible in your area. Also, is there any possibility that you could trap the Tom cat and get him neutered? It might take a couple of weeks before his hormones calm down but he would likely become a friend and ally to your little cat family.
BTW, how is the baby cat doing? How many days' old is she now? How many days until you leave for school? You are already getting an excellent education in animal rescue and your "instincts" for helping cats are top-notch :yess: :rock::clapcat:
Thanks lol:hearthrob:
I was also thinking of catching the Tom cat earlier, but to trap him I'll need a cage and the cage is currently being used by muma cat.
The kitten is of 8 days. His size has doubled plus he is latching strongly. Muma cat hasn't taken any long or frequent breaks today,she came out only 3-4 times to eat and drink and then went back, i think my cupboard overheating her was the problem earlier.
I am leaving for college on 12th, I'll be majoring in psychology, will be learning more about human instincts there. :redtabby: :vibes:

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

catsknowme catsknowme - there are some difficulties in securing any kind of Veterinary attention...if you read carefully through some of the very recent posts, I think those will be more apparent. I agree 110% with your 'take', your assessment of sataxes instincts, and I'm in awe with his/her/their attachment, dedication, efforts, caring, stamina.......and, the list is endless! satax satax , you're amaaaaaazing!

satax satax - there are already number of "cooks" in "this kitchen" (and, you probably know the old saying about the danger of that :lol:), so I'll stay out of it as much as possible.

I'll suggest one thing, though. You could certainly use some informed local support...and resources.

Almost everywhere, there are groups of people who band together to help animals. Sometimes they even formalize/legalize their group into a type of not-for-profit business. The less organized ones often exist 'under the radar'....they do their work quietly', sometimes because their work isn't 'popular' or even favoured in that place.

Try this: Google exactly this "cat rescue in [your town-city/state-region/country]....and see what comes up.

Here's an example. I just Googled "cat rescue in Chhattisgarh 491441, India"......try that one and you'll see what I mean.

Now, I don't use/"do" Facebook nor Twitter........maybe you do, or maybe there's a local App available to you Perhaps you could consider posting that you're looking for cat rescue folks.....if I were doing this, I'd probably be saying that I'd like to volunteer some of my time for them (which I'd certainly do at some later point).

BUT, if you can find some group, organization or even just some people who do this sort of thing as a 'hobby', then you are likely to be able to hook into practical resources like Veterinary assistance - or, even someone to foster the mom and kitten.

What do you have to lose at this point?

You mentioned the blood on her anus...the first thing that hit me was 'perhaps her stool is hard' and caused bleeding...or, maybe it was diarrhea and she 'scooted' her butt on the ground to clean herself (she toilets outside, right?). Dry foods often cause constipation/diarrhea, especially if there's been a quick change in food type. You might try some different kinds of liquids to get her to drink extra/more. Does your Mom boil fish? meats? could you? The broth from that makes irresistible drinks for cats.....and, lots of liquid is the army to conquer constipation! (and, the cooked protein is a very favoured treat!)

OK - I'm gone (unless something else comes to mind)

Good work!

satax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

catsknowme catsknowme - there are some difficulties in securing any kind of Veterinary attention...if you read carefully through some of the very recent posts, I think those will be more apparent. I agree 110% with your 'take', your assessment of sataxes instincts, and I'm in awe with his/her/their attachment, dedication, efforts, caring, stamina.......and, the list is endless! satax satax , you're amaaaaaazing!

satax satax - there are already number of "cooks" in "this kitchen" (and, you probably know the old saying about the danger of that :lol:), so I'll stay out of it as much as possible.

I'll suggest one thing, though. You could certainly use some informed local support...and resources.

Almost everywhere, there are groups of people who band together to help animals. Sometimes they even formalize/legalize their group into a type of not-for-profit business. The less organized ones often exist 'under the radar'....they do their work quietly', sometimes because their work isn't 'popular' or even favoured in that place.

Try this: Google exactly this "cat rescue in [your town-city/state-region/country]....and see what comes up.

Here's an example. I just Googled "cat rescue in Chhattisgarh 491441, India"......try that one and you'll see what I mean.

Now, I don't use/"do" Facebook nor Twitter........maybe you do, or maybe there's a local App available to you Perhaps you could consider posting that you're looking for cat rescue folks.....if I were doing this, I'd probably be saying that I'd like to volunteer some of my time for them (which I'd certainly do at some later point).

BUT, if you can find some group, organization or even just some people who do this sort of thing as a 'hobby', then you are likely to be able to hook into practical resources like Veterinary assistance - or, even someone to foster the mom and kitten.

What do you have to lose at this point?

You mentioned the blood on her anus...the first thing that hit me was 'perhaps her stool is hard' and caused bleeding...or, maybe it was diarrhea and she 'scooted' her butt on the ground to clean herself (she toilets outside, right?). Dry foods often cause constipation/diarrhea, especially if there's been a quick change in food type. You might try some different kinds of liquids to get her to drink extra/more. Does your Mom boil fish? meats? could you? The broth from that makes irresistible drinks for cats.....and, lots of liquid is the army to conquer constipation! (and, the cooked protein is a very favoured treat!)

OK - I'm gone (unless something else comes to mind)

Good work!
Thanks for the advice, :hearthrob:
I was in awe and didn't knew what to reply.
I have somehow convinced my parents to take her for checkup to the vets.
But the problem is, i had kept her cage open so that she doesn't feel stressed about being locked up, plus her food and water was out, i didn't think there was any other place for her to keep her kitten, but i was on my guard too, to not to let her go out with the kitten, but while i was eating dinner she took the opportunity and changed her place again.
Now they are above the bathroom ceiling, there is some space between the bathroom ceiling roof and the house roof, we use it to store extra wood boards, steel wires and stuff like that, that place is not kitten protected, plus their is an open window type thing that can't be closed, so cold air constantly comes in from there (for ventilation)
While she was up with her kitten I heard something fall and the kitten cry, now i don't know if the kitten is hurt or not.
Tha ladder recently broke, so i can't go up and see.
While writing this she has came next to me and is studying the cage, maybe she is think about bringing him back, idk, should have left when had the chance.
Muma cat knows best, oof,
Also I don't want to leave the kitten unattended and muma cats trip to the vet will take atleast 1.30 hour.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
?.........borrow a ladder ?

She has to come out of there. Period.

Ask your father, what would he do if he absolutely HAD TO get up there?

"Should have left..." - an immediate, natural reaction.......but, I don't think that's you.

satax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
?.........borrow a ladder ?

She has to come out of there. Period.

Ask your father, what would he do if he absolutely HAD TO get up there?

"Should have left..." - an immediate, natural reaction.......but, I don't think that's you.
It's 1:20 am, i did asked my dad, and he said let her be, she cares for her child more than you. But i still used a stool to see but the stool height was small so i wasn't able to, so i made a video (raised my phone above my head), can't upload the video here, so uploading a screenshot.
Yeah, that place is basically like a junkyard

satax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The bad news is as soon as she saw the flashlight she came to the edge leaving the kitten, so i went back inside, so that she doesn't feel like I am intruding, and stays with the kitten, now i don't know whether she is with the kitten or not, whether she is upstairs and the Tom cat is again there and she need my help. Or she wants me to leaver her alone, and not use flashlights on her.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, at that hour, perhaps you could get some rest - after you put some food out for her, maybe next to the 'cage', where she came to you. She knows where it is and that will force her to continue making the trip to that area. (keep it the same with blankets/whatever you had before - she might even bring the kitten back there if she sees it as safe and secure)

Likely she needed some space, yes, away from you - but, remember she did come back down to you, so the loft is her choice of a safe space for now.

Get some sleep!

satax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, at that hour, perhaps you could get some rest - after you put some food out for her, maybe next to the 'cage', where she came to you. She knows where it is and that will force her to continue making the trip to that area. (keep it the same with blankets/whatever you had before - she might even bring the kitten back there if she sees it as safe and secure)

Likely she needed some space, yes, away from you - but, remember she did come back down to you, so the loft is her choice of a safe space for now.

Get some sleep!
When i left the room, i heard the kitten constantly crying,and caddie( mumma cat) was lounging in my bedroom, i couldn't leave her just crying like that.
So guess what I did 🙂, asked my dad to help me climb up to the ceiling, my dady is more than 6ft but the wall was heigher than that.
Now i am siting in my bedroom again, with dust on my cloths and knees and my hairs too which I just washed yesterday 🙂.
Some pain in my foot, but both muma and kitten are safe in the cage.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, now you've filled up my chest and my eyes are all watery. But, just, thank you for that news!

I think that, for now, the least you 'bother' her, the better. And, that will enhance her feeling of security in there.

OK, now will you get some sleep? :lol:

satax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What is sleep? :woohoo:

Yess, i am going now, Good night!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:clapcat: Bravo! You have done well! You are good at problem solving. You have a good father and I thank him for helping. Now that you have Cadi and baby settled in, try covering the cage with a light sheet so she doesn't feel so exposed. Mama kitties like privacy and often keep their litters in a closet or, if outside, in junk piles, old cars, and rocky caves. And be sure to get some rest and do something to relax, maybe swimming or listen to music, watch an uplifting movie. I am beyond thrilled that your parents are willing to take Cadi to the vet - you must be very special to them.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Who will look after your cat and kitten and keep them safe when you leave for school? There have been so many incidents thus far that I am very concerned for their futures.

It concerns me also that you have not looked for nor contacted any rescue groups who might be able to help with spaying and other vet care.

This seems to be a very tenuous situation at best.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 has made a very good point there satax satax

If you leave for college in a few days is your poor cat is going to be left to fend for herself and her kitten? She will come into heat again soon, so if she isn't spayed within the next few weeks she is going to have another litter of kittens very soon.

If your parents aren't willing/able to take on the task of providing proper care for the cat you really need to contact a rescue now, before you make any further plans to leave, and make sure the cat will be spayed and the kitten provided with the care he/she needs.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
satax satax . ....How are Caddie and baby doing? it sounds like you are in an area with not many resources yet you don't give up - VERY impressive for a 17 year old!!! It sounds like your parents will look out for Caddie and kitten. In many parts of USA, there are a lot of options for cats but in our rural areas, cats don't get the same consideration as dogs, so I understand the challenges that others here don't.
I know that you must be busy getting ready to leave for college but please remember us here at TCS and keep us updated! Anddd....*hint hint* .....
We TCSers LOVE pictures! :shocked::camera::bigeyes::runningcat::agree:

satax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It concerns me also that you have not looked for nor contacted any rescue groups who might be able to help with spaying and other vet care.
What exactly made you think that I did not?,
Did you not read my previous posts?
I cannot find any rescue group.
Ukw, i live in Amritsar, Punjab. Go ahead and see if you could find any rescue group for cats.
All the rescue groups i found were for dogs, also my cat idk why is afraid of other humans so whenever she sees someone other than my family, she runs away.
I cannot just give her away to someone who doesn't even know how to take care of her.

satax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 has made a very good point there satax satax

If you leave for college in a few days is your poor cat is going to be left to fend for herself and her kitten? She will come into heat again soon, so if she isn't spayed within the next few weeks she is going to have another litter of kittens very soon.
Actually I did left the cat and kitten alone, but you can see in the previous picture that they are fine, she introduced the kitten to me again 3-4 days ago.
And idk how many times I have to say this, i cannot get her spayed until the kitten is 5weeks old.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
satax satax Thank you for the photo! Caddie and her "mini me" are PRECIOUS! They both look very robust and healthy- congratulations to Team Caddie :salute: :happycat: :heartshape:

I have many ferals and semi-ferals here, too. My sister's semi-feral Sadie will allow only my sister to get near her; she, along with my yard ferals, run from me as if I were Satan although I feed treats and canned food along with kibble. In Caddie's situation, she is wise to be wary of humans because cats can be especially vulnerable to mistreatment and poisoning. I will reach out to @Jcatbird and if they aren't too busy, they may have suggestions on preparing Caddie for a vet appointment; I say "prepare" because in my experience, it can take weeks to get a cat desensitized to a carrier or trap just to do the one & only appointment (most semi-& -totally feral cats get trap savvy immediately). Here in my part of California, in the High Sierra, we have a saying,"It is a long hike for a short slide", which literally means that you drag your snow sled up a steep hill that takes a long amount of time and then, after all that effort, the sled ride down happens very fast; it's a sled ride that is over quickly but the experience is thrilling and exhilarating. For me, a successful trap/neuter is equally exciting and satisfying.