Singleton kitten and mother care

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

satax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's not normal, when you touch it does it seem to cause pain? Could it be an insect bite, or an insect egg? Is it maybe where Mama's teeth got him?
Could be mama's paws ig, it is kinda raised. What should I do?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you can get some chamomile tea, unflavored, store bought since the garden grown version is unsafe for cats, brew it, cool it and apply to that spot. The tea is antibacterial and is safe if mama licks it.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator:

satax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you can get some chamomile tea, unflavored, store bought since the garden grown version is unsafe for cats, brew it, cool it and apply to that spot. The tea is antibacterial and is safe if mama licks it.
I will have to wait atleast 5 hours for that. Till then is mama's saliva good? Cause I've heard that it has some kinda antibacterial thing too

satax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator:

satax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't find any ringworm on muma cat, so gonna consult a vet just to be sure, my dad is saying that they are only 2 and they are not anywhere else, and it might go on its own.

satax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cat is continuously licking and even biting around anus, which is generating a clear discharge,
What can this be?

satax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Muma cat moved her kitten to another place, which is kinda dirty and doesn't seem warm, what should I do?

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom cat is trying to hide and protect her kitten. It is not unusual for one or more kittens to die in a litter. I do not think your mom cat hurt the kitten who died. I think she is grieving for that kitten and doing her best to save the second kitten. However, there is no one to tell her how to be a mom cat. She is really trying. There is no reason for you to hate her for not being perfect and knowing what no one has taught her.

Sometimes when cats have been abused or seen people torture their kittens to death, the mom will kill the kittens to protect them from suffering. Your cat isn't doing that. She is trying. She may not succeed, but she is trying. The safer you can make her feel the more relaxed she will be and the better for the kitten.

satax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update; the place i was talking about was behind our storage bags, which haven't been moved in months and very dusty.
So i moved the kitten back,
And she is opening her eyes!

Also, the temperature here is 29°C and feels like temperature is 33°C,
Can the kitten be overheating in the cupboard? I keep the fan off of this room.
Can that be the reason muma cat moved her? Or am I overhandling the kittens?

satax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Weather temperature^ not of the room

satax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mom cat is trying to hide and protect her kitten. It is not unusual for one or more kittens to die in a litter. I do not think your mom cat hurt the kitten who died. I think she is grieving for that kitten and doing her best to save the second kitten. However, there is no one to tell her how to be a mom cat. She is really trying. There is no reason for you to hate her for not being perfect and knowing what no one has taught her.

Sometimes when cats have been abused or seen people torture their kittens to death, the mom will kill the kittens to protect them from suffering. Your cat isn't doing that. She is trying. She may not succeed, but she is trying. The safer you can make her feel the more relaxed she will be and the better for the kitten.

I didn't really mean it when i said I hate her,
But you are right, she might still be grieving about the other kitten, that was the first time she moved this kitten to another cupboard, she still sometimes check the first cupboard for the dead kitten.
I had closed every door and window to go outside and idk how she has escaped again.
Was moving the kitten right thing to do? As I don't know when she will return and the kitten might have gotten cold or catched an infection there...

satax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mum cat, she is panting and hot but is refusing to leave the child, to go in the AC room