Sincere Thank You!

brittpatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat, Ming, has been diagnosed with kidney disease and had a severe UTI after receiving a IV fluids treatment to lower her creatitine level. I honestly thought my cat was about to die and I came here for advice and comfort. Somehow, through good vet techs and prayers my cat is thriving. She has put on weight, is running up and down the stairs, "catching mice" (her toys), and is happy as can be. While she was sick I blamed myself and was literally at my bottom. I had not been this depressed since my mom was sick 4 years ago. The community here lifted me, made me feel like I was not a crazy person for loving my cat so much and gave me faith. I cannot thank you for all you did for me in a very dark time. I know Ming and I are not out of the woods yet, she still has kidney disease, but I'm faithful and extremely grateful to anticipate we have many more happy days together. Thank you all so much.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am happy she is doing better, and hope she will continue to do so. And im also glad that you found help, and comfort here. We all love our cats, love is love, whether its for a person, cat, dog...ect... There is never too much love! :heartshape:

ej x

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
People here are great, I wouldn't have gotten two more cats after my first one died so quickly if it wasn't for the support here. This is why whenever I can I try help otheres in the forums, we need each other.

The best way to give back is to participate in the discussions, I'm so glad I found this place.

I wish you the best to you and your cat

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many of us have come here during a troubled time in their cat's life. Most of them stayed when they realized that this place is like heaven.
I received a huge and incredible support when my cat was terribly and terminally sick, I stayed and decided to give my small contribution when I am able to.

Hopefully your Ming will improve fast and for good!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm elated that Ming is acting more like herself albeit a diagnosis of kidney disease. :hugs: TCS is home to so many cat lovers and I'm sure you feel the same way. The members here are caring, supportive and most of all, listen and try to help as much as possible. We all share a common bond. :catlove: I hope you will check in and keep us posted on your lovely Ming.

babiesmom5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your kind words are very touching. Positive feedback like you have given lifts all our spirits. Thank you!

Like you, many here have found, or stumbled upon TCS during a very difficult time in our and/or our cat's lives.
In the company of other cat lovers, we and our cats find hope, healing and comfort.

We are so glad that Ming, and you, are doing better as result of help and support you have received here. May this positive trend continue indefinitely!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brittpatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

As an update, Ming is still going strong. She has good days and more lethargic days but overall good. She definitely has more energy after she receives her fluid therapy which we give her every 3 days at home. I'm always monitoring her health and am completely terrified when I have to go out of town and leave her.

This weekend we have a trip planned with my husband's colleagues. We found an AMAZING cat sitting service that is expensive but offers sitters that are vet techs and know how to administer fluids for kidney cats. They provide pictures of her after each visit with an email update. I don't think I would be able to ever leave her if we had not found this amazing cat service.