Sinbad built himself a fort!

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@MServant decreed that I should make a post to share this with everyone. I am ever obedient so here it is. View media item 309796
His stool is his grand tower now, he loves to sit on it, get my attention, spend time with me, and generally survey the office. It's very adorable.

But apparently it was lacking in fortifications. I woke up this morning to discover my husband already up. He asked me if I'd built Sinbad a fort. When I indicated I had not, and was curious what prompted him to ask, he led me into the office. I'd forgotten to close the door last night (I keep it closed when I'm not in there to minimize chances of cable chewing), and I discovered that Sinbad had indeed built himself a fort at the base of his stool.

He scavenged through the entire house to get the pieces - the paper bag had been in the kitchen, one of the cardboard pieces in the basement, and I'm not sure where the rest came from. I think one had been in the living room as it's from a package we received the day before yesterday that I'd opened immediately in the front hall. But none of them had been in the office, so he literally dragged every piece up at least 1 flight of stairs and into the office to arrange them around the stool.

I've seen him drag toys around, when he wants to play he will bring us his wand toy wherever we happen to be, he also like to pull my laundry out of the hamper to make a nest to sleep in. But this seems beyond even that! I can't bring myself to take it down.

I guess sometimes a cat just needs a cave to sleep in. And if there isn't one near the spot where his human sits, obviously he must build one.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Oh my god that's incredible. Your cat is a genius.
I certainly think he is.  
    Sinbad sounds like one truly amazing cat to me, and the lengths he went to in building this den are stunning.  It has to have been so carefully planned and the energy getting the materials in place considerable for such a little creature.   @jcat   's Mogli is the only other cat I can think of who has impressed me so much with their ability to create in such an ordered and apparently planned kind of way.    There are some cats I find it hard not to believe possess special powers and perhaps some sign they have been on this earth before and Sinbad is definitely one of them.      

Last edited: