Similar to the Russian Blue

stadifer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our neighbors decided to abandon their kitty when they moved so my parents and I adopted it especially since I wanted a cat to take with me to my apartment for a companion so the apartment isn't so lonely. But we first thought she was a Russian Blue but after reading up on her she's not a Russian Blue but very similar. She has a thick almost charcoal colored coat, bluish silver in the light. her eyes are deep yellow color and she has the same ear structure as the Russian Blue but smaller. Her nose leather is black as well as the pads on her paws. She's a fairly small cat and does not weigh much but still is a kitten. Also, the fur on her paws has a much strong silver tone to it then the rest of her fur. Can anyone help me figure out what breed she is? (I'll find out this Friday when she goes in and gets fixed, but I'm just too impatient.)

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Hi Stadifer and welcome to the forums!

She may not be a purebred cat or she may be mixed-breed between a Russian and something else. Other breeds that come in blue that I can think of right now are the Korat, The British Shorthair, Orientals, American shorthair, Exotics and probably a dozen or so more.

Whatever she turns out to be she is one lucky cat to have found a good home with you and your family after being abandoned by her previous owners!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stadifer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was looking through a breed guide and I believe that the Charteux is the breed of my cat. The picture shows a striking resemblance and the artical is also exactly how she acts and looks.

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She might very well be a Korat or a Burmese. You can go into Yahoo and search for breeds and they will show you pictures.

Let us know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stadifer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I read up on the Chartruex and British Short Hair both of which have a striking resemblance to my kitty. However, the absence of a bold amber color eyes I believe that she may be a British Blue Shorthair since their eyes are much closer in color and the build as well as fur coat are the same (as is with the Chartruex). I'm trying to find the personality for the British Shorthair since the Chartruex is also very similar when I read about its personality. But we'll see... thank you for the assitance.