Simba's Eyes

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
hi.
i'm posting this in a hurry so there can be grammatical errors.
i need help, i don't know what happened to my kitten's eyes. they look weird and it looks like he's crying? he's eating and playing normally. he seems really normal but his eyes are worrying me. he was completely normal yesterday. i don't know what to do right now because i can't take him to the vet today.. if anyone knows what can be the problem, please let me know!!

EDIT: i cleaned his eyes

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Could be some minor irritation to the eyes, allergies, or respiratory infection. It's not serious so you're ok to wait to get the cat to the vet as soon as you can. Just wipe the eyes clean. I wouldn't use anything in or around the eyes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh okay thanks! he looks normal now though

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He may be getting sick from the feline herpes virus a very common illness amongst kittens that can take a week or two to resolve. The eyes get watery and have a discharge and they sneeze. If the discharge gets thick and yellow/green an antibiotic is needed as it has become a secondary bacterial infection. He looks a little thin, is he getting all he wants to eat? A lowered immune system can bring on all kinds of imfections from not being in good shape. Keep him warm with plenty to drink and eat, and let him rest. If he gets worse then a vet trip will be necessary.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
di and bob di and bob
yes, he's thin. that's how he is. he's about four or five months old. vet has told us to give him food three times a day, he eats well.
he looks okay now. it just happened all of a sudden, i looked at him and his eyes were like that and i got really worried !