Silver, my beautiful baby boy

marshmallow2013

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was so heartbreaking to read about your adorable Silver. Your photos show how much he loved you. I still haven’t been able to wash the throw that Mittens slept on even though it’s been 3 months. I only had a weekend with Mittens when he was diagnosed with cancer. It all happened so fast.
I am very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Silver.
rest in peace:redheartpump: Silver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lesleigh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my, that is so awful, my heart goes out to you and Mittens. Sounds like you two really loved each other. Heck, what's the rush to wash a throw. Could you put it somewhere, maybe a drawer, and keep it to remember Mittens? I'm so sorry you only had a weekend to say goodbye...that makes me tear up thinking of it. Please take care, and know Mr. Mittens' love will never die.
Much love to you both, Lesleigh. :redheartpump: :lovecat4:🌈

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lesleigh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My suggestion..............get another cat soon.

Thats what we did.

The love I shared with my little departed Motu was transferred to our new boys, Greg and Arnold. That love was stronger than ever as it was not only my bond with them, but also my continued love for Motu.

The sorrow i felt when Motu was "gone" (8 years latter i still dont want to let go of her i my heart), was changed into a new appreciation of the value of my relationship with our pets.

The boys helped me manage Motu's loss. I think they also acknowledged my closeness with them and they reciprocated. The result has been that i have never had cats (Arnold in particular) be soooooooo close and loving to me.

I like to think that Motu gave me one last gift (as i write this 8 years latter, my eyes still water a bit). That gift was when her door "closed", she opened a new door for me................the door for Greg and Arnold.

When it is time, let Silver open that door for you, let a new cat(s) into your life and love again.

Silver would not want you to be sad and in pain and you have much to offer.
I do intend to get another cat - this is the first time in my life I have not had at least one cat in my life, living in the same home, with me. It's very strange and empty in my house.

When I'm ready, I'm going to look for a bonded pair, and we'll see from there. It wouldn't be fair to do so right now. This really hit me and will take time.