Silly Things You Do When Distracted

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rushing to cook dinner before going bowling...phone wedged against ear discussing important car stuff with racing buddy...watching the cat out of corner of my eye as he is trying out the top of the fridge as a launching pad to the top kitchen shelves, I decided a Bourbon and Coke would be nice with dinner. I felt around and found the appropriate square shaped bottle in top of the pantry and quickly poured into a glass while giving my dinner a quick stir.
Got the coke out of the fridge and shut cats tail in fridge door..lots of noise...to be expected... poured coke into glass and took a quick sip.
Olive oil and Coke tastes terrible!! :barf:

Last edited:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I was scooping the litter box this morning and out of the corner of my eye I saw Graham eating something I did not recognize and definitely not her food, so I yelled from where I was while continued scooping.

Turned out I was transferring the poop and pee not on the plastic bag I was holding on my left hand but on the floor.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whats bad, is as you get older it's so much easier to get distracted! I have a sick cat under the bed, and a ill mother in law that refuses to go to a Dr. and who I strongly believe has pnuemonia, and am doing all kinds of weird things. The latest is I found my cream in the cabinet with my coffee cups instead of in the fridge. There's literally money down the drain. I am having to literally write notes for almost everything right now. It doesn't help that I have an acre of flowers tha need pulled/cut off to get ready for winter, a garden to take down and a house that we are remodeling to winterize........and don't want to do any of it with all this worry......:sigh:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
The latest is I found my cream in the cabinet with my coffee cups instead of in the fridge.
LOL.

I remember one time I was in the office washroom and I suddenly remembered something I had forgotten to do which was so important, so I hurriedly went back to my desk only to forget again what I had forgotten about.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you go back to the washroom to help you remember? LOL! It does help!
PS it doesn't help to tell your loved ones, family about yoru problems either, they tend to look at you weird. My only consolation is I would bet THEY are doing something like I do too, NOONE is perfect!

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was playing pokemon go with my grandson, I was so distracted making sure he didn't trip,fall,or walk infront of cars as I steered him. That I tripped over a curb myself :doh: I've also put my coffee in the fridge instead of the milk my husband says it's somtimers because sometimes I remember :dunno:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my and my brothers' favorite stories is that once we were late to something, and my mom said "just look at the time!" and starting vacuuming the house. We still say "just look at the time! vroom vroom" when she's running late, lol.

I'm absentminded. I often have to go back to where I left that thought or it comes to me hours later. I haven't done anything too egregious but if I don't put something on my shopping list, I WILL forget it.

jorgea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Rushing to cook dinner before going bowling...phone wedged against ear discussing important car stuff with racing buddy...watching the cat out of corner of my eye as he is trying out the top of the fridge as a launching pad to the top kitchen shelves, I decided a Bourbon and Coke would be nice with dinner. I felt around and found the appropriate square shaped bottle in top of the pantry and quickly poured into a glass while giving my dinner a quick stir.
Got the coke out of the fridge and shut cats tail in fridge door..lots of noise...to be expected... poured coke into glass and took a quick sip.
Olive oil and Coke tastes terrible!! :barf:

Happens to everyone with any animal.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
When I am distracted and or stressed, I've put the laundry detergent in the frig, peanut butter on the shelf in the bathroom that holds the cleaning and laundry supplies. I've taken the land line phone wih me when I've gone places. I couldn't find my cell last week so I called it..could hear it ringing from somewhere in the kitchen but couldn't figure out where. It was in a bowl. with a pair of gloves. The bowl is not for holding things it is for eating salads. I could go on:lol::doh::doh2::dunno:....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have stopped the car..walked up the driveway..unlocked the house and wandered around looking for my glasses..they were pushed up on my head the whole time.
Another time I sneezed and they shot off my head and under the fridge..man I was cheesed.
Hate glasses..lol.