Signs Of Spring?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Despite the snowflakes that are starting to fall, apparently it's Spring. :dunno:

Those of us in the Northeast US are getting a bit sick of the Nor'Easters and could use a little Spring color.

The snowdrops are out in my yard and the witch hazel is blooming. I have a few crocuses as well:

IMG_8033.JPG

IMG_8034.JPG

The most color I have though is the hyacinth I bought for inside the house.

IMG_8030.JPG

Let's see your signs of Spring!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only signs of spring we have so far are the dandelions blooming in the yard and the blooms on the pear trees.
My yard is wet and I can't get out there now to take a picture.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The robins are back, the geese are migrating. The grass is starting to green up slightly, and there are buds on the trees (not green yet though; it's really pretty after the buds green up but before they open).

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that spring is near when I hear the woodpecker for the first time. Haven't heard heard him yet but we have
about 4 inches of snow so he is probably hunkered down somewhere or perhaps he migrates and is not back.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that spring is near when I hear the woodpecker for the first time. Haven't heard heard him yet but we have
about 4 inches of snow so he is probably hunkered down somewhere or perhaps he migrates and is not back.
I have a woodpecker that has been coming on my deck this past week eating peanuts.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a woodpecker that has been coming on my deck this past week eating peanuts.
Awww......so sweet! I have only seen mine once but hear him every spring. I wish he would come to my deck.
Maybe you can get a pic and show us.

Mia

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww......so sweet! I have only seen mine once but hear him every spring. I wish he would come to my deck.
Maybe you can get a pic and show us.

Mia
I wish I could but I don't have a phone to take a picture and I would not know how to do it anyway.

Muffy

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
The trees are in full leaf and have been for about two weeks. We have a portly robin, a pair of huge bluejays, several pairs of cardinals, and a tufted titmouse here, too. And those dratted white-wing doves. Our wildflower season should be starting and it will probably be a good bluebonnet year. They require a hard freeze to germinate and we had two. Then we had good rain at the right time. I can hardly wait!

Oh, and it's almost past time to put a garden in. The days are in the upper 70s and low 80s.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I heard birds singing for the first time this morning. The daffodils have bloomed but it turned cold and we got a heavy wet snow the next morning. It wasn't a lot of snow, nothing like what they have been getting in the Northeast but the daffodils are really droopy now. They are still there but nothing like they are when we have a nice earlier spring.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well...there have been buds on the trees here for a while, though we've gone back and forth between mild weather and cold and snow. and i've seen the crocus in one of my garden beds growing, but no blooms because it snowed again after that. though now, the snow has been really melting, starting to reveal bits of my lawn.

we're forecast to have 5 days in the mid to upper 40's starting this week, so i think it's quite possible the crocus will bloom then. :crossfingers: