Signs of a concussion to watch out for?

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So my poor kitty just had a door shut on her head as she was trying to run through it. She didn’t scream or make any noises, but it clearly shook her. She seems alright now, but if, God forbid, it gave her a TBI, what signs might she show that would merit the attention of her vet?

Perhaps I am worrying too much? Terra is my baby, and it would kill me if something happened to her. That said, she seems okay now, but is there anything I should be watching for, just in case?

Thanks!

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you have the slightest worry she was injured, get her to the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I am likely just panicking. it’s been about an hour since the incident, and she’s chilling in her cat tower and showing no signs of injury or distress.

Last edited by a moderator:

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Some outward signs might be pupil changes. Either to big, to small or different sizes.
Loss of balance, change in appetite, vocalization, hiding, vomiting, laying in odd positions. Third eyelids being up.
There are more but that’s all I can think of for now.

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the feedback. She’s not hiding, per se, but has not come out of her cat tree in 6 hours, not even to inspect my Thanksgiving dinner. Terra’s an older cat, too, and the experience likely shook her, mentally.

I eill talk more about it with her vet tomorrow morning, once he’s open. Thank you all again for the feedback.

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, Terra finally came down from Cat Castle, but had absolutely no interest in a cat sized piece of unseasoned, gravy-free turkey, so I think a chat with her vet is in order.

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Terra’s doing just fine. I called her vet and they told me keep an eye on her and watch out for certain signs. Chances are I was just being a bit too overprotective of my kitty. She did sit it her cat tree for 6 hours after it happened, but she likes to hang out there, anyway.

In any event, she’s doing good now, and has hopefully learned a valuable lesson about the garage.

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ugh, double post…sorry about that.