Sighing cat

Foundkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I noticed recently my cat has bern sighing a lot lately. It is usually while/when he lays down. It sounds more like a sigh of boredom to me rather than pain. Everything else seems to be normal. Anyone else’s cat do this?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Feeby (15+ yo) generally does this when she is laying on my lap to take a nap. I have always thought that it meant contentment (egotistical me, I guess). It's funny because if I do it when she is on my lap, she'll do it too! If she does it at other times during the day/night, I don't know. At her age, she could be bored; but she is pretty laid back and not too interested in playing. However, I have noticed more of her wandering around looking to get into stuff when I think she is actually that bored.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, it's nice to meet you. I have never heard my cats sigh, though I have heard dogs do this frequently. It will be interesting to see responses from other members.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t think it is boredom or pain. I think it is more a sign of contentment and relaxation. There is often a sigh or deep breath just before a cat closes their eyes for a nap.

canucksfan1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
next time you take the kitty to the vet for something tell em about it just in case your kitty has lung damage man

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
When my cat was a kitten she would get in a corner and pout when she was mad. It was so funny to watch. If she knows she's done something bad,she will crouch down low with her tail strait back and walk fast. I love the way cats personalities are so different!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Foundkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When my cat was a kitten she would get in a corner and pout when she was mad. It was so funny to watch. If she knows she's done something bad,she will crouch down low with her tail strait back and walk fast. I love the way cats personalities are so different!
Me too and they are so much smarter than people think