Sickly Stray Kittens, Please Help!

CrazyNebelungLady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone seen anything like this? I’m not sure if I should take them to the vet or continue trying home rememdies. So far, the ring worm treatment was a failure. Do y’all have any ideas? I can’t really afford to treat all the kittens and it breaks my heart.
Symptoms: shivers randomly, itching constantly, and eyes are not open all the way.

01EF06B5-519A-4BAA-A740-13E48E345ACB.jpeg

1B654466-8226-4C34-90FD-CA5EA1451248.jpeg

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would absolutely take this poor thing to the vet. It doesn't look well at all. Was ringworm confirmed? Obviously there is much more going on that just that. How can you treat with home remedies if you aren't sure what is wrong?

dragonlady2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Take one of the kittens to the vet and get a diagnosis. You may be able to figure out how to treat the others if it’s not life threatening. Worst case scenario...see if the vet will take monthly payments or seek assistance from a shelter or rescue. Big thanks for taking them in.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take one of the kittens to the vet and get a diagnosis. You may be able to figure out how to treat the others if it’s not life threatening. Worst case scenario...see if the vet will take monthly payments or seek assistance from a shelter or rescue. Big thanks for taking them in.
Good idea!

Yes we understand if you can't take all of them but at least take one to see what's going on. Do you have any rescues or no-kill shelters near you?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If there is any possible way to take one kitten in ,please do so! Most vets will help you by giving you a diagnosis for the entire litter and medication for them without taking all of them in for an exam. Many foster and rescue groups are possible resources too. I don’t know where you are but you can do a google search by putting your city, state, county and the words rescue cats in the search. This could be one of many things going on. It is possible it’s ringworm but it could be an allergy or another issue. It could even be the result of fleas. A single flea bite can cause some reactions but if they had a lot of fleas it could really affect them. With dark fur it can be hard to see the fleas. Have you seen any?( a flea infestation can cause the symptoms) A kitten can quickly become anemic from them. Even if they don’t have them now, they may have had them previously and need some nutrional help. The fur loss, itching, shivering and eye squinting makes me think it something different than ringworm but even that needs a vet’s expert opinion.
You are so wonderful for taking these kitties in! I am always deeply moved by people who care enough to take action to save a kitty. You are saving a litter! Awesome! You have my greatest admiration! I am going to put your thread in my watch. Please let us know how the kittens are doing. Post if anyone here can assist you too. We all want to help you. :rock: