Sick Pregnant Cat

PokemonMaster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My pregnant cat has a cold. She is almost 8 weeks pregnant. What can I do to help her. I dont want her to lose her babies. She is sneezing a lot and watery eyes. She wasnt eating or drinking for 3 days but now is eating a little. What can I do to hydrate her? I dont have money for a vet or I would take her immediately.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Does she get wet food? It has a high water content and can help her stay hydrated. The gravy kind have more than pates and even if she just licks the gravy she is at least getting liquids.

Also, humidifiers help cats just like people. You can take her into a steamy bathroom for a few minutes or run a humidifier in her room.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, try with this steamy bathroom.
Lets hope she doesnt eat just because she is stuffed. If you manage to help out the stuffness some, she will want to drink and eat.

You can also try with putting a drop of white caro syrup on her gum inside of the lips. Repeat now and then. It gives energhy and will sustain her life.

Force feed water if necessary. Have a little salt and this caro syrup solved in water, take up with a dropper, and put in just a little at a time in the corner of her mouth...

It may be so, one holds her still (in necessary wrapped in a towel), the other forcefeeds water.

If it works, you can give her goats milk the same way. Cheaper than kmr, but good enough. And goats milk are real nutrients. Unsweetened full fat youghurt may be another alternative.

P PokemonMaster

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she has an upper respiratory infection she may need antibiotics. It would not be good if the newborn kittens get it. Hopefully it resolves before she gives birth. Some vets take payment plans. Call around!