sick or dying feral

japam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A feral feline cat in my garden, has lost a considerable amount of weight in the last few days, she just sits around on my porch, all day while the rest of her buddies another female neutered feline, and her kittens [the sick cat's offspring] seem a bundle of joy, playing and doing what cats do.

I have noticed that her eyes look yellow, and when the neutered feline smelled her breath, the female neutered feline, pulled her head away sharpish, i have also noticed that the neutered feline has tried cleaning her.

I tried the local helpine and they are not giving any advice, just an automated message.

When i have been around, at home, i have given her felix wet cat food, chicken and beef respectively, while the other cats are not around.
She still does a number two, but won't drink water and eats the food i give her in a haste.

[
I have been offering her purrina felix, beef with jelly and chicken with jelly, and the tuna variant, she eats ¾ of it, before giving up.
]
Currently she is sat outside my door, and i have noticed today that flies are constantly hovering around her and she doesn't seem bothered.
She has not lost her agilty, just seems listless.

Just wanted to find out if there is anything i can do, i have no interest in adopting a cat, just get her health back in order.

She does not socialize, anymore ith the other cats,just sits there, here kittens, three in total, 2 are female, one is male, won’t go near her now, when they get say 1 metre close, they turn they head away and move away.

I can approach her, be within 30 centre metres from her, and she won’t run away or be bothered.
I have never tried to pet her or any of the other cats.

The neutered cat is another female adult, who I think is currently pregnant, as I have seen the kittens from the sick cat, feeding on her milk, even though they were weaned of breast milk, weeks back, from their sick mother.

She just sits in front my door or about 2 metres away, looking at the world.

The cats are not mine, I am sure the healthy adult female belongs to next door, although they did deny it, when I moved in, and the sick cat is a feral cat, that has not been neutered, who had three kittens, just over 4 months ago.

moxiewild

Seniors, Special Needs, Ferals, and Wildlife
Super Cat
Purraise
Okay. This cat needs veterinary attention.

What are you able or willing to do to make that happen?

Are you willing to call around to rescues?

Are you willing to try and trap her?

Are you willing to take her to the vet?

moxiewild

Seniors, Special Needs, Ferals, and Wildlife
Super Cat
Purraise
Also, what general area of the world are you in?

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
A feral feline cat in my garden, has lost a considerable amount of weight in the last few days, she just sits around on my porch, all day while the rest of her buddies another female neutered feline, and her kittens [the sick cat's offspring] seem a bundle of joy, playing and doing what cats do.

I have noticed that her eyes look yellow, and when the neutered feline smelled her breath, the female neutered feline, pulled her head away sharpish, i have also noticed that the neutered feline has tried cleaning her.

I tried the local helpine and they are not giving any advice, just an automated message.

When i have been around, at home, i have given her felix wet cat food, chicken and beef respectively, while the other cats are not around.
She still does a number two, but won't drink water and eats the food i give her in a haste.

[
I have been offering her purrina felix, beef with jelly and chicken with jelly, and the tuna variant, she eats ¾ of it, before giving up.
]
Currently she is sat outside my door, and i have noticed today that flies are constantly hovering around her and she doesn't seem bothered.
She has not lost her agilty, just seems listless.

Just wanted to find out if there is anything i can do, i have no interest in adopting a cat, just get her health back in order.

She does not socialize, anymore ith the other cats,just sits there, here kittens, three in total, 2 are female, one is male, won’t go near her now, when they get say 1 metre close, they turn they head away and move away.

I can approach her, be within 30 centre metres from her, and she won’t run away or be bothered.
I have never tried to pet her or any of the other cats.

The neutered cat is another female adult, who I think is currently pregnant, as I have seen the kittens from the sick cat, feeding on her milk, even though they were weaned of breast milk, weeks back, from their sick mother.

She just sits in front my door or about 2 metres away, looking at the world.

The cats are not mine, I am sure the healthy adult female belongs to next door, although they did deny it, when I moved in, and the sick cat is a feral cat, that has not been neutered, who had three kittens, just over 4 months ago.
I have just been through this recently. It is very sad to see a cat very sick or on it's way out. Try to contact any local rescues or tnr groups, if no one can come out to help you trap the cat, maybe they would be kind enough to loan you a trap. I tried to trap a dying cat for days last week but he stopped eating and was very trap-wise making impossible to trap. I also tried to keep him in my yard, blocking every exit point but the other cats helped him get out.

Please try to trap the cat and determine if they are sick or dying. I nursed a sick kitty for 3 weeks in my garage, I was lucky that a rescuer gave me meds for the cat, however in the end the poor cat died. I also trapped another cat years before who was in bad shape with a stubborn Upper Respirtory Infection that she nearly died of it. I ended up adopting that kitty, when I had to move away. I had to take her with me because she would have fared out poorly in that neighborhood. In that situation I also got meds from another rescuer and successfully nursed her back to health.
If you feel that this kitty is on her way out, then trap and take to Animal Control to be put down. That was my plan for the sick kitty who died last week, but he wandered down to a gated semi-forested area and was out of my reach.🙁 I really wished things worked out much better than it did. I am still sad over his passing. RIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

japam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
just an update cat has got its strength back, moving around freely and now cleaning itself as normal, gave the cat purrina felix, chicken bites wet food with 5 table spoons of flax seed oil mixed in on friday, seems to of cleared up, whatwever was the underlying issue.