Sick Kitty

Ezavora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My tabby Sophie is usually always active and wanting her next meal. Today she hasn't eaten and when trying some dry food she threw up white foam. She has been using the litter box. I plan on taking her to the vet but any advice if anyone's experienced this?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ezavora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Shes pooped. I havent offered her anything else...wanted her stomach to settle. She seems comfortable just not her usual self...not moving around much

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If she hadn't pooped, I was thinking she might have a blockage or be constipated. That can cause vomiting and general yucky feeling. She could be having a problem with her teeth or just an upset tummy. You can try boiling chicken in plain water, no salt or seasonings. Shred and add it a little bit of the broth to see if she'll eat that.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I second boiled chicken - better if it's warm (not cold, not hot) and some in small swallow-size pieces. Hours after that I would also give some malt paste in case this is about a hairball.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I would offer chicken like stated above, or even shaved deli turkey. She lay just be feeling a little off for a few days. As long as she is having a bowel movement, peeing, drinking and eating, she will be OK. If symptoms escalate, she becomes lethargic, or starts hiding definitely take her in.

Ezavora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the advice. She is having bowel movements but only taking a bite or two of food but no throwing up. I'm going to try the chicken

Ezavora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I took her to the vet and they said shes in good health and are hoping there is no blockage. I'm looking out to make sure shes having more bowel movements. She got some anti nausea meds and they gave a sample of food to spark her appetite and she ate a ton of that. When her usual food was introduced she didnt seem interested so I'm thinking of switching it out gradually. If she doesn't seem to increase her eating they'll do an xray