Sick Kitty

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hey everyone! My cat Lucky was brought to the vet yesterday after we noticed she was coughing & sneezing they gave her IV fluids because she was running a fever along with some cat Advil and a medicine that will be released in her for I believe 2 weeks (she has a respiratory infection) Anyway when we walked into the vet there was a huge dog & Lucky peeded in the carrier. We brought her home & she went right to the dish & ate along with some treats but as of today she wouldn't eat this morning which got me worried. Finally at about 9 a.m I got her to eat wet food & then she went back outside. She was mostly sleeping on the porch but got walked around the yard acting normal. She came inside around 6:30 & I gave her treats she usually walks over to her dish & eats but today she just went upstairs & sat in the hallway which worried me. When my boyfriend came home shortly after she was on our bed & he brought her wet food which at first she stuck her nose up to but when he put it on his finger she ate it out of his hands & then we brought her up a handful of dry food & she ate most of that. She won't purr when we pet her & she just seems distant. I'm completely worried because she is my everything I've been crying & can't even eat! Do you think she is just mad at us for the vet experience? Maybe she can't smell the food or could the medicine make her act this way? Anything to make me feel at ease would help!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Talk to your vet again, and try finger feeding some more like your boyfriend did, that sometimes can help get her interested in eating again. Try all sorts of foods as long as they are not seasoned or salty, even green beans. Best of luck to you, I'm sending all sorts of good thoughts!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi! Talk to your vet again, and try finger feeding some more like your boyfriend did, that sometimes can help get her interested in eating again. Try all sorts of foods as long as they are not seasoned or salty, even green beans. Best of luck to you, I'm sending all sorts of good thoughts!
Hello thanks for the response but we are defiantly calling the vet first thing tomorrow! It’s just so weird how she was acting normal right after the vet but now is acting very distant. Thank you for the good thoughts I defiantly need them because my mind is going to the absolute worst scenario!

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello thanks for the response but we are defiantly calling the vet first thing tomorrow! It’s just so weird how she was acting normal right after the vet but now is acting very distant. Thank you for the good thoughts I defiantly need them because my mind is going to the absolute worst scenario!
She’s 3 btw

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update on Lucky so last night she started out sleeping in my closet room on this furry little carpet & our other cat Dusty brought her a zip tie he found in the garage & was sleeping right by her side it was so cute! I couldn’t sleep out of worry so At about 2 she jumped up in bed with us Dusty following right behind to groom her head which he wouldn’t do the day prior or early on in the day & went to sleep us which made me feel better so I finally fell asleep (only to have to get up at 4:30 yes I feel like crap lol) Wheb I got up she followed us downstairs & was looking for treats which she ate but then when I tried to give her wet food she walked away from it which was a disappointment. Her eyes did look a lot brighter, she was walking around with her tail up & she finally purred when I was petting her & seemed to be enjoying the pets. Yesterday she was like no do not touch me & woukdnt purr. I’m taking this all as good signs but I’m still gonna call the vet to see why she’ll only eat the treats. I did have to go to work today so she’ll be alone till 4 but I left out plenty of food & fresh water. I’m gonna try warm tuna I still feel awful I had to leave but Im taking all of the purring & tail up as positives. Please keep sending positive vibes because I need all I can get & thank you for listening to me ramble!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Bless your heart, hang in there!! I so hope you're feeling better, and let us know what the vet says.
Oh, what a darling thing about the zip tie gift. Geez, I just love cats :heartshape:

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bless your heart, hang in there!! I so hope you're feeling better, and let us know what the vet says.
Oh, what a darling thing about the zip tie gift. Geez, I just love cats :heartshape:
Well the vet tech didn’t like that she wasn’t eating regular food (besides yesterday morning) but said we know our cat best so we’ll see how she is when I get home. We have a follow up appointment on Saturday which I’m dreading because it stresses her out. I’m just hoping when I get home she is back to her normal self mostly it feels like 4 is taking forever to come!

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I got home & she cane down to greet me not as quick as she usually does but she hopped right up on the washing machine looking for treats which she devoured so I decided to give her wet food. She ate a little less than half but still good news she ate! then she wanted outside where she was rolling around in the driveway with Dusty & is now off looking for mice so I’m feeling a little better but know we are not out of the woods as I heard her do one cough outside. I’m wondering if the meds are messing with her appetite too? I’m just hoping as the days go on she improves I’ve had her since 4 weeks old & been through a lot with her so she means the world to me!

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Biggest update is Lucky just ran across the yard & right to her food dish inside!!! I couldn’t be more relieved that she is eating independently!!!