Sick cat?

Pipandbebe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat 9 year old cat has been acting sick. She has discharge from her eyes, and they are now crusty-ish. She is an indoor cat. She also seems to have a bit of breathing difficulty, aswell as just active more sluggish and sleeping ng more, although she does seem to go through a sleepy phase every winter. Do you think she might be sick? Maybe she has allervies?

Thanks

dkb817

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Based purely off of what you said, it sounds like a run of the mill cold or maybe the beginnings of a URI - worth getting it checked out by your vet, just to be safe (especially since she's 9 years old and what they would technically call a senior cat)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pipandbebe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I looked up the syptoms and got the same results as you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pipandbebe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My parents won't bring the cat to the vet :/

dkb817

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Without getting her to a vet, there's no way to know for sure what's going on - and the breathing difficulties is troubling. Best you can do without a vet is sitting in a hot, steamy bathroom to see if that loosens up any mucus blocking her nose - Using warm, damp washcloth to keep the crud out of her eyes - and just ensuring that she continues to eat and drink.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agreed! Keep her eyes clean, keep her hydrated and make sure she eats , has normal potty habits and just keep watching her. The steam can help too. If she seems to have further breathing problems then show your parents. If her nose is stuffy then she may be off her appetite a bit. Smelly foods can help. If your parents don’t want to take her to the vet, maybe they would allow a call, text or email to the vet. Sometimes a vet can reassure you or give helpful information that way.