Sick baby

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay managed to contact my vet today despite the holiday and he said as long as it wasn't hot to the touch it was fine even if I had left it 24hrs as long as it wasn't on the heater it would be fine. Asked him about spooks dirreah which has gotten worse sense starting on antibiotics and was told side effect of Antibiotics should clear up if not he will give him probiotics when he's better.

Today spooks breathing seemed even unless he was purring then it was like a rough engine eyes look better and he has more energy. No sneezes.

He still won't drink unless its mixed with canned food even if it's less than a 1/3 left if I add approx I can water he'll drink it. weird kitty. But that's today's Spookily update.

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just a quick update

Soooks- much much better still only wants water mixed w/some food but we're working on it. Sweeter than ever and demands held no mater wgat ...lol..

Casper is dine with his 5 days of meds no more sneezing etc. Still dissent want touched or held he tolerates it but barely when I clean out his potty. I'm not sure he's going to be tameable.

But that's tonight's update hoping to grab a picture of spooks tomorrow.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the updates, it sounds like Spooks is doing well under your care and watchful eye. ๐Ÿค— Glad to hear his regimen of meds is done and no more sneezing. We look forward to a new picture of your cute guy.:camera:

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys a lil update on Spooks, he's doing better he's still sneezing a lil like once or twice a day when I change his box and puppy pad but not like he was tomorrow is his last day of antibiotics and back to the vet on Friday to see how he's doing. Still would rather play in than drink his water unless added to food..๐Ÿ™„

I've ordered Nutri-Cal as my old vet recommended it for Mignon my 9 y/o boy when he got an unknown Ill ness at 8 weeks probably feline parvovirus...but no testing was done just water and KMR every 4-6 hrs for two weeks with the last few days adding a KMR kitten food slurry to the mix, plus Nutri-Cal so I got on Amazon and found it on sale with coupon and ordered one cat and one kitten formula and after speaking with his vet will start giving it to him, as well as our 5 now 9 week kittens of whom 4 will go to forever homes one will stay with us.

No pictures unfortunately spooks won't cooperate lol๐Ÿ˜ธ

Casper- Spooks brother (who refuses to let me tame him and tore up my arm the other day) and another Feral who showed up out of the blue are going to my aunt's Farm in a small town 13 mi away.๐Ÿˆ

Will update again Friday hopefully with picture lol ๐Ÿ˜ธ

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
No pictures unfortunately spooks won't cooperate lol๐Ÿ˜ธ
I guess Spooks is camera shy. :blush: But great news all around especially Casper and another feral going to your aunt's farm in another town 13 miles away. Fingers crossed for your vet appointment on Friday and maybe even pics of Spooks. :anticipation:

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Small update before tomorrow

Spooks didn't b have his usual can of food this morning cause I miss calculated the number if cans vs cats I have and he's fed last in the mornings first in the evening. Anyway all he had this morning was kibble this evening I decided to try a bowl of water again and he drank it quite well, then I gave him a can just a few min ago as I'm headed for bed. So I think I found what's been causing him not to want water with out added canned food lol๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜บ

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update on Spooks bad news He has leukemia he didn't eat his can last night and this morning he seemed miserable congested again and eyes running today's my birthday and I was joking for good news he's the sweetest boy but the vet said he's fatal and I should consider euthanasia...I don't know what to do he said car could try immune support but its not likely to help as he is so sick...I don't know what to do it hurts so bad right now.๐Ÿ˜ฟ๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ’”

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Spooks just after getting back from vet before Flev+ diagnosis came in he has a fever of 104cabd hasn't gained or lost any weight in 2 weeks but anyway I'm struggling with the decision do we try to fight and hope he's part of the 1% who survive against the odds, or do I let him go.
IMG_20230127_115720.jpg
IMG_20230127_115656.jpg
hi

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am sorry that this is all happening on your birthday. Late yesterday he did eat and drink which was a good sign. You don't have to do anything this minute, so try to assess this as clearly as you can. :redheartpump:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I am sorry that this is all happening on your birthday. Late yesterday he did eat and drink which was a good sign. You don't have to do anything this minute, so try to assess this as clearly as you can. :redheartpump:
:yeah: I completely agree!

I'm so terribly sorry and it's exceptionally unfortunate you got this discouraging news on your special day but I know you will monitor him closely. As fionasmom fionasmom posted, you don't have to make an immediate decision, that is unless his condition changes for the worse. Keeping Spooks in our thoughts and you too. :grouphug:

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our vet is out of town till Monday but Spooks hasn't eaten since the dry food and his breathing is harsh again I'm giving him Nutra Cal but I dunno how much good it's doing he hasn't pooped in nearly 48 hours I'm not sure what to do.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Our vet is out of town till Monday but Spooks hasn't eaten since the dry food and his breathing is harsh again I'm giving him Nutra Cal but I dunno how much good it's doing he hasn't pooped in nearly 48 hours I'm not sure what to do.
Is there another vet you can see or call for advice? Does your regular vet have a back-up for when he's out of town or is there an emergency clinic you can take Spooks to?

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The only other Decent Vet charges $125 per office visit regular and $175-200 per emergency visit and I just don't have it. The fresh out of vet school nitwit who dosent recognize cars grieve and feel the way we do. I won't go to she's killed several cats and at least three dogs two of those dogs were due to breaking both jaws during a cleaning on one and extraction on the other the third was a show poodle who was to be spayed but was listed as a euthanasia instead we're a small town of 5,000 so we're lucky we have a choice at all, all other vets are 39 mi away and if I had the gas I couldn't get their due to a flat tire (thanks little vandals, cut tire.) So no no advice or ER vets available I'm using Nutri Cal on him and syringing water down his throat but that's all I can do, besides pray. But thanks for trying.

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Due to his lack of appetite and return if his URI symptoms we've made the hard decision if he doesn't pass before Monday we're going to have him taken out of his misery and sent over the rainbow bridge it's hard but it's for the best with him acting the way he is now.

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay update I expected to tell you we sent him over the bridge today, however the vet was called out on an emergency so we couldn't get in. Well I expected to come home from work find spooks lethargic or else gone, so I put it off and finally went to check on him an hour ago dreading what I would find but loe and behold Spooks was sitting up and pawing at the door of his carrier I quickly went and got a can and the nutria cal and as soon as I opened his door he was so excited for his can he was stretching and getting his claws hooked on the door of his carrier and purring like you wouldn't believe I think he's trying to fight I'm gonna call the vet in the AM ask about the doxycycline and a possible false positive or else more amoxicillin he seems to have cone around today I think the Nutri-Cal has helped more than expected fingers crossed๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿˆ

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I think he's trying to fight I'm gonna call the vet in the AM ask about the doxycycline and a possible false positive or else more amoxicillin he seems to have cone around today I think the Nutri-Cal has helped more than expected fingers crossed๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿˆ
He definitely is a fighter, full of spunk too! :clapcat: I hope you get good news today. Please let us know what happens after you consult with the vet.