Siamese x Bengal

Siamese101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I have A friend with a strong bengal male. I bred Him with my female siamese cat. My siamese was born from tortoise.
She just gave birth 2 days ago and not sure if she had snow bengals or a bengal I will Drop a video of both cats. / mating video/

they’re still young. Can someone explain the breeding science and if the brown one is a bengal. My goal is for her to have a snow bengal. It’s my dream cat.

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is the male a registered Bengal? Assuming that he is a purebred Bengal, the kittens would be half Bengal. A Bengal male will most likely be homozygous for tabby, so the pointed kittens will probably end up being lynx point (tabby point). They may have a similar appearance to snow Bengals, although their markings probably would not be as dramatic and high-contrast.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Siamese101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is the male a registered Bengal? Assuming that he is a purebred Bengal, the kittens would be half Bengal. A Bengal male will most likely be homozygous for tabby, so the pointed kittens will probably end up being lynx point (tabby point). They may have a similar appearance to snow Bengals, although their markings probably would not be as dramatic and high-contrast.
The bengals is a purebred bengal. Not registered because they wanted him to neuter the bengal. The Siamese came from a Siamese male tortoise shell female. My Siamese has 3 white cats with no distinctive marks so far( 2 days old) but there’s a brown one with black markings as seen. What would I need To do to try to get a snow bengal.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The white kittens will all become pointed kittens as they mature. Pointed cats, like your female cat, have a type of temperature sensitive albinism, where the warmest parts of the body have their pigment production suppressed. They are born white because it's very warm inside the mother cat, and gradually become more pigmented after birth. The ears, paws, tail, and nose become more pigmented than the body, since these parts are cooler in temperature than the body.

In order to get a snow Bengal, you would breed two Bengals together that both carry the colorpoint gene. Technically, your kittens will not be snow Bengals, since they are only half Bengal. The pointed ones will probably look somewhat similar to snow Bengals, although their markings are likely to be less dramatic.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Siamese101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The white kittens will all become pointed kittens as they mature. Pointed cats, like your female cat, have a type of temperature sensitive albinism, where the warmest parts of the body have their pigment production suppressed. They are born white because it's very warm inside the mother cat, and gradually become more pigmented after birth. The ears, paws, tail, and nose become more pigmented than the body, since these parts are cooler in temperature than the body.

In order to get a snow Bengal, you would breed two Bengals together that both carry the colorpoint gene. Technically, your kittens will not be snow Bengals, since they are only half Bengal. The pointed ones will probably look somewhat similar to snow Bengals, although their markings are likely to be less dramatic.
So if the brown one kitten (technically half bengal) should have the colorpoint gene. Would it work if I breed That one

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So if the brown one kitten (technically half bengal) should have the colorpoint gene. Would it work if I breed That one
I'm not sure exactly what you want to achieve? If what you want is a lynx point shorthaired cat with similar markings to a snow Bengal, you probably already have three of them. They just haven't developed color yet.