Siamese Ragdoll - What Color?

Cerece

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! My family and I are looking at getting a Ragdoll / Siamese kitten later in September. They're right around end of 3 - 4 week mark right now. We are torn between a shorter hair girl, and either #5 or #6 of the boys. Ultimately, personality will be the deciding factor, but I was wondering if anyone can share with us what their coloring/markings are? Also can anyone share if male cats for sure mark? We're really worried about getting a male and that happening. >.0 Does anyone know if how friendly, affectionate, etc. a cat is, is effected by gender?

We are getting additional pictures tonight that have more shots of the boys. I'm told that the boys have light gray points on ears and tails. The shorter haired female has brown points on hers. Their siblings have more traditional ragdoll markings. These are the lightest out of the litter and not picked yet.

Thank you everyone! :)

Shorter Hair Kitten:

Long Hair Boy #5:

Long Hair Boy #6:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A male neutered before sexual maturity is no more likely to mark than a spayed female is (which does happen!). Most altered pet cats won't ever spray.

I'd suggest going to visit and picking the kitten you bond with the most during that time.

It's a little hard to tell their colors from the pictures, and their color isn't fully developed at this age. But usually light gray means they're blue point, and brown means they're seal point. The girl looks like she might be tortie point. Do you know what colors the parents are?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cerece

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A male neutered before sexual maturity is no more likely to mark than a spayed female is (which does happen!). Most altered pet cats won't ever spray.

I'd suggest going to visit and picking the kitten you bond with the most during that time.

It's a little hard to tell their colors from the pictures, and their color isn't fully developed at this age. But usually light gray means they're blue point, and brown means they're seal point. The girl looks like she might be tortie point. Do you know what colors the parents are?
Thank you for your reply! :) I don't know yet what mom and dad look like. I'll be getting pictures of mom and dad here later today. Dad is pure bred Ragdoll, and mama is a Ragdoll Siamese. I have some additional pictures of their litter mates. I am wondering what the general price is for these types of kittens in other areas too. These kittens are $400, pure bred kittens of either breed go between $1,000 (usually higher) - $2,500 here. Most mixed kittens with no vaccines, vet check, etc. are going for $100-$150 around here. Rescue is $250. @_@

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're satisfied with the price they're asking, and you're happy with how they're taking care of the kittens, and they've been honest about everything, that's what matters.

My, they're a cute bunch!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there! As long as your new kitten is desexed, they shouldn’t spray. Both male and female cats (but mostly males) will spray to mark their territory if they aren’t neutered or spayed. My Charlie is neutered, and he has never sprayed. Now, since they are young kittens, they might have some “accidents” while litter box training, like a human toddler learning to use the toilet, but that’s not the same thing as spraying. Once they have the litter box figured out, there shouldn’t be any problems, unless they aren’t feeling well or are stressed, which can cause inappropriate elimination, but, again, that’s not the same thing as spraying to mark territory.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have only ever had females who sprayed. So annoying, they were neutered even and still did it.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have only ever had females who sprayed. So annoying, they were neutered even and still did it.
Same experience here. I personally stick to boys when there is a choice. I only have a girl now because we thought she was a he for over a month and grew attached before realizing she was female.

Just a commentary on the kittens and breed. In the cat world there isn't such a thing as mixed breed cats. If Mom and Dad don't have pedigree paperwork they aren't that breed. There are millions of lookalikes out there and people will claim a breed based on apperance. Ragdoll is a specific breed and Siamese is a different. There isn't a thing of mixed breed Siamese/Ragdoll because if a cat isn't either they aren't any breed. It's a one or the other thing. My girl (profile picture) is a lookalike to a snowshoe Siamese but that doesn't mean she is. She was born in a feral colony and has no pedigree, just the apperance of one because cats with no relation to a breed can look *just* like a breed. All this to say, if the kittens parents don't have pedigree paperwork they aren't purebred or mix bred.

If you are okay paying that much for a moggy, that's your choice. But if you are looking for a ragdoll because of anything you've heard about the particular breed (namely the limpness, personality and relaxed cat stereotypes) don't expect that from this kitten. Please. Unless you get one from a breeder who is into showing the chances of getting a ragdoll personality from a non-ragdoll is unlikely. You can find a ragdoll lookalike in a rescue or shelter for less money (or even more) without supporting backyard breeding. Again, it's of course your choice. But I don't like when backyard breeders take advantage of a popular breed, like the ragdoll, and pass off moggies as purebred to raise prices on their kittens.

Of course the kittens are adorable and cute. If you are going for the ragdoll personality, you need to get an actual ragdoll from a registered breeder who is breeding for looks and personality. Backyard breeders usually go for moggies that look close and don't always follow good breeding practices. Some are decent but if they are claiming purebred without the paperwork to support it I wouldn't trust them. I would expect at least first shots included at that price personally.

As to color and markings, get the photos of mom and dad to see what the possible mixes are. I see at least a seal point and white markings. Which isn't specific to ragdoll but there are the stereotypical v on nose and white paws for ragdolls. The lighting in the photos is making it a little hard to tell if they are all seal point or if there are other colors in the mix.

Last edited: