Siamese Or Mix?

ss9lr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cousin just got a new kitten, Lola, and I was curious on what breed she could be. She looks to be mostly Siamese with gorgeous medium blue eyes but she has white feet, both front and back. I've read about the Snowshoe but wasn't sure if there existed any without the white marking once the face. Lola is about four months and looks to be a little larger than I would have expected (my 4mo Himalayan mix looks like such a baby compared to this one, even with all her fluff). Lola has a pretty short and smooth coat, other Siamese that I have seen in person seemed to have just a tab bit longer coat. She's also quite thin with long legs. I was also curious about how dark her points are already at 4mo compared to my Himalayan. There's such a start contrast between her points and the rest of her body with almost little to no gradation. I'm just interested in hearing any opinions or ideas on what she could be! Thanks!
IMG_3178.PNG IMG_3177.PNG IMG_3175.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, she's a mix of some kind. My best guess would be some Birman influence, they have the points and white feet (called the pointed mitted pattern). Even though Birmans are longhaired, longhair is recessive to Shorthair, so it's possible for longhaired cats to have shorthaired descendants. Short of a DNA test, though, these are all speculations, so she'd be called a seal point mitted Domestic Shorthair. Pretty kitty!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ss9lr ss9lr - Agreed completely. With no white on her face to lay claim to Snowshoe ancestry, Birman parentage is by far the most possible, and as abyeb abyeb has noted, the recessive shorthair exists in Birman bloodlines just as the recessive longhair persists in Siamese. This is one positively stunning little girl. Welcome to TCS!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If the hairs dont grow out, you can also compare her to a siamese old type - nowadays called often for Thai. Especielly if she remains sleek and gracile.